Archos Introduces Child-Friendly Android ICS 7-inch Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
The question is...

Is it durable?

Unless if this was marketed for very tame kids, whatever you give them, you better be okay with it being broken.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
If this is rugged/durable, I could see XDA rooting it and installing full blown ICS with google on it. Then people could spray paint the bezel to improve the kidding look. Then you end up with a cheap, durable, full ICS Tablet.

Benihana

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
Don't all these kids already have iPhones, iPods, and iPads? I see little 4 year olds playing on these devices at work (I work retail), so I'm not sure what age this is exactly targeted for.

ryandsouza

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Benihana[/nom]Don't all these kids already have iPhones, iPods, and iPads? I see little 4 year olds playing on these devices at work (I work retail), so I'm not sure what age this is exactly targeted for.[/citation]
Was thinking along the same lines. But maybe due to the "kid interface" mom & dad won't be tempted to grab it for themselves...

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
Seems like a decent piece of tech and not a bad idea in itself.
Why on earth, then, call it "ChildPad"?? It''s not just a little weird, it's downright creepy.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]The question is...Is it durable?Unless if this was marketed for very tame kids, whatever you give them, you better be okay with it being broken.[/citation]

Kids will break an anvil if you leave them alone with it. Anyone with children already knows the base rules.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]Kids will break an anvil if you leave them alone with it. Anyone with children already knows the base rules.[/citation]
That was pretty much the sentiment at my fraternity house too. The walls were lined with 3/4inch plywood under the sheet rock so that it was harder for us to put holes in the walls... we still managed to break everything somehow. Anytime we built something, the saying was "is it TKE proof? - eh, we'll find a way to break it".

goodsyntax

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]Kids will break an anvil if you leave them alone with it. Anyone with children already knows the base rules.[/citation]

My kids broke my last anvil on Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.