Archos Launches 9" Tablet with Windows 7

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

masop

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
[citation][nom]starryman[/nom]I was horny for this but the price changes my mood.[/citation]

LOL!!! That comment just made my day, hahaha.

G

im not to worried about the price because the economy is so bad that no one will buy it and then they will have to drop the price if they want to sell any of them

G

I for one am excited.. its like Surface for my bed! I really like that white model. Not so much into the black which is over played and so outdated. White is the new black.

Well I think it will be more like $500 in the US based on the presentation I saw on Archos website. I've been wanting a device like this similar to the kindle DX for about the past 10 years.. I hate sitting in front of a computer. I've only been doing that since late 80's, its time for change. I got a blackberry, but this would be much better for daily use, I just want to have the desktop for gaming mostly, laptops have been way too heavy and bulky for years. Convertable tablets are nice, but not as cool as touch screen with smartphones. All the tablets are nice, but I want slim, lightweight, full Windows machine and touch. Powerful and user friendly, includes all the connectivity and ability to video conference. Its about very portable and functional at the same time. Yet Dell wants $6000 for the XT2 which is as fast as my desktop machine, not very practical. I just want a device I can just sit in a chair, or lay in bed and read the paper, and listen to music on the head phones, view documents, photos, write some email, IM.. all one 1 device, if you know what i mean. It shouldn't be hot, heavy or pain to use. Its like a Kindle DX. Though, I wish we can get free PDF ebooks for all those hardcopies we purchased in the book stores. It would be nice if it sported another 2 more USB slots. I want to have the freedom to hook multiple devices at once.. like SD card reader.. it should come with that.. and a USB Drive and keyboard or mouse. You should be able to hook up a USB hub, but what is the fun in that.. its just more clutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.