Archos Shows New Titanium, Platinum Android Tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaho0006

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010
[citation][nom]army_ant7[/nom]The tablets in the bottom pics really look like iPads upfront... Just saying IMHO (not a fanboy)...[/citation]

Really there isn't much variation between tablets as far as looks, but picking the same screen/bezel size along with general shape and the same resolution might be pushing it.

Course they are still around half the price so there's always that

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Here im thinking by the headline they have a titanium backplate.. then I saw "Platinum" and figured..naw.. that would be one hell of an expensive tablet.

kenharmsfl10

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Another Android tablet maker worth a look at in 2013 is Ainol Electronics - which recently introduced a number of impressive, well-priced Android tablets and is also noted for winning Runner-Up status for "Best Tablet of the Year" at CES/CNET 2012 --

One of the first U.S. resellers to carry Ainol - Novo brand tablets is a site called TabletSprint -- and this week the Novo 7 VENUS launched -- a 7 inch tablet with a QUAD CORE processor for only $149 that takes on the Google Nexus 7 and other competitors for a lot less and offers a lot more -- with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS, a high resolution 1280x800 IPS screen, 16GB memory, a 4000 mAH battery, both front and rear cameras, a MicroSD memory card slot for unlimited storage, Google Play with access to 400K+ Apps, a MicroUSB port for connection to printers and other electronic devices, HDMI - to view personal videos and to download movies and watch in full 1080p (HD) on to a large screen TV, WiFi, Ethernet, and an option for 3G/4G connection. It's also a great gaming device with its high resolution screen and motion gaming sensor. The site TabletSprint also offers a 7" Compact Case with built-in Keyboard ($22) which easily transforms a tablet into a mini-laptop--

TabletSprint offers a few other brand new models with most launching in January, including the Novo 10 Hero - a full-size 10 inch tablet packed with impressive features for only $219--

TabletSprint also includes $25 in quality Bonus Apps with all tablets available through their site.... both these new models and a few others are certainly worth checking out and comparing to other major brands.

Creepintom

Honorable
Dec 14, 2012

So just because something has a white bezel they are automatically copying apple?

News to me, I never would have thunk that Apple would be able to patent colors. O wait thats right, they cant and anyone claiming "copy" or "similarities" is a part of the mass media/subliminal product placement in TV/Movies if all they can say is "Dooode they look so similar man apple gonna get rich suing these guys!"

[citation][nom]creepintom[/nom]So just because something has a white bezel they are automatically copying apple?News to me, I never would have thunk that Apple would be able to patent colors. O wait thats right, they cant and anyone claiming "copy" or "similarities" is a part of the mass media/subliminal product placement in TV/Movies if all they can say is "Dooode they look so similar man apple gonna get rich suing these guys!"[/citation]

Turn them off and they look almost identical to the iPads. That's not contributing to some media conspiracy, that's jsut stating a fact. They do look very similar because they are physically very similar with the same size, ratio, and color. Yes, that does not make them iPads, but it does blur the lines. Also, I speak as someone who has never and has no intention of buying any Apple product. Unlike the Samsung versus Apple *wars*, there might be something to this. Still, these tablets seem to be far better than iPads once you get into the details and they have that going for them a long way.

[citation][nom]Cy-Kill[/nom]Who wants to bet that kenharmsfl10 works for either Ainol Electronics and/or TabletSprint![/citation]

Account was made just a short while before posting and only did the one post, it's possible.

bestandroid

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
the Archos might not be shaping up to be the out there, but I am very excited to see how it shapes up next to the Google Nexus 10

bestandroid

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
the Archos might not be shaping up to be the out there, but I am very excited to see how it shapes up next to the Google Nexus 10

[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]^ Yeah but to offer 1280x800 on any new device.... Well, I guess there has to be a low low end.[/citation]

Exactly that. The market for low end devices is often larger than the market for high-end devices, so someone has to give it some attention or else a lot of profit is being ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.