[SOLVED] Arctic Accelero Mono Plus on an RTX 2060 Super Mini ?

OhMiBod

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2017
I have a small mini rtx 2060s with single fan. It runs but loud. Usually hits 73-75C when it runs heavy games. Lighter games will tend to be around 60s.

I'm worried it might give out sooner than later.

The mono plus cooler seems like an easy to install and just enough size for the card. Was wondering if anyone tried it? It has a max 200w. How much benefit would it be?

Solution
Dell looks like a 75x56mm or thereabouts. (Picture I found is at a slight tilt, so 55-58mm, but the long dimension rules it out.

That 75mm looks fairly typical, so I suspect the Zotac is the same in the end, render might just be a little off.

Lutfij

Titan
Read here for the RTX2060S's thermal limit. As for your cooler, you might want to state what your case's make and model and it's subsequent airflow is. Perhaps the solution tot he problem is to add a fan into the case or to swap the case for something that's better designed, which might be cheaper than buying an aftermarket cooler for the GPU.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Is this cooler even compatible with a 2060? The most recent model listed on the product spec page is a GTX 1650.
If you have proof that it is, then disregard the above.

2)The Mono Plus isn't a 'shared' cooler.
The heatsink on the current cooler makes contact with gpu core, memory, etc.
The Mono Plus covers only the gpu core, and they provide you with little heatsinks to put on your Vram.
You can't see VRM nor Vram thermals without special equipment, and thus the Mono Plus ends up 'looking better' because it's mounted only to the gpu core.

3)Those core thermals are good, there isn't any problem there.

4)The fan is designed around 100% operation.

5)Price segmentation is at play: the nicer models have quieter fans on them.

OhMiBod

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2017
1)Is this cooler even compatible with a 2060? The most recent model listed on the product spec page is a GTX 1650.
If you have proof that it is, then disregard the above.

2)The Mono Plus isn't a 'shared' cooler.
The heatsink on the current cooler makes contact with gpu core, memory, etc.
The Mono Plus covers only the gpu core, and they provide you with little heatsinks to put on your Vram.
You can't see VRM nor Vram thermals without special equipment, and thus the Mono Plus ends up 'looking better' because it's mounted only to the gpu core.

3)Those core thermals are good, there isn't any problem there.

4)The fan is designed around 100% operation.

5)Price segmentation is at play: the nicer models have quieter fans on them.
It might not fit my gpu due to the pipes touching the memory module

OhMiBod

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2017
Read here for the RTX2060S's thermal limit. As for your cooler, you might want to state what your case's make and model and it's subsequent airflow is. Perhaps the solution tot he problem is to add a fan into the case or to swap the case for something that's better designed, which might be cheaper than buying an aftermarket cooler for the GPU.
I have 2 fans in front, 2 on top, 1 in back, 1 under the gpu. Some of the fans run slower than others.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That was just a random card (and a 3d render to boot), might fit one of the other RTX 2060S Mini, but we need a picture of the back, or you can just straight measure the hole pattern.

From previous posts, looks like it might be a Dell model.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Dell looks like a 75x56mm or thereabouts. (Picture I found is at a slight tilt, so 55-58mm, but the long dimension rules it out.

That 75mm looks fairly typical, so I suspect the Zotac is the same in the end, render might just be a little off.

Solution