[SOLVED] Arctic Alpine 12 CO vs deepcool GAMMAXX 400 v2 ? i5 4440 L1150 socket

anant024

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
hi can anyone please tell which one is better cooler and silent too at same time,
Arctic Alpine 12 CO vs deepcool GAMMAXX 400 ? i5 4440
mobo: b85m-d3h

i also will prefer not to remove motherboard and then put the cooler, i am not sure about GAMMAXX 400 v2

PS: nothing is over clocked !

Last edited:
Solution
The gammaxx 400 is way way way better, they're barely comparable.

It does have a custom backplate so needs access to the back of the board.

If this is an issue look at the gammaxx 300 or s40 instead, they're still way better than the alpine and use the stock intel mounting mechanism.
The gammaxx 400 is way way way better, they're barely comparable.

It does have a custom backplate so needs access to the back of the board.

If this is an issue look at the gammaxx 300 or s40 instead, they're still way better than the alpine and use the stock intel mounting mechanism.

Reactions: anant024
Solution
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PsOVBpBxok
in this deepcool product video he installs it on intel borad without installing back plate, since he installs those socket screws ? i would prefer not to remove my entire setup and plan to get this done without using too much of my brain juice and time on it :p

Thats the original gammaxx 400 v1 which uses intel push pins.
If you can get that one it's fine, the v2 however absolutely does have a custom backplate and custom screw fitting.

GAMMAXX 400 V2 just got delivered to me.
is it possible to get those custom clips to install GAMMAXX 400 directly on 1150 socket ? gammaxx 300 or s40 is not in stock.

My current cooler master cabinet looks like this from other side, I don't know how to expose back side of Mobo? View: https://imgur.com/a/uS7MxVO

You're going to have to take the motherboard out to fit it, there's no way around it I'm afraid.

I'm seeing 7 mounting screws for motherboard

Screenshot-20210810-150013.jpg

anant024

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
Yup thanks so much I just saw this update, i found out when I had just given up on this, I missed the one under ram lock. Now I have put everything back together. Temps are looking amazing with this new cooler gymmaax 400 I don't know why i I did not do it before. Without load temps are under 25c or less now.

Now in this pic I got Arctic p12 which i got 2 days back shall I install it as exaust fan or blower is it gonna make any difference ? Or just return it ? Even if it makes some difference it's ok I will keep but please help me, to know if it has to be installed as blower or exaust.

View: https://imgur.com/a/vGZGMtI

Last edited:
Yup thanks so much I just saw this update, i found out when I had just given up on this, I missed the one under ram lock. Now I have put everything back together. Temps are looking amazing with this new cooler gymmaax 400 I don't know why i I did not do it before. Without load temps are under 25c or less now.

Now in this pic I got Arctic p12 which i got 2 days back shall I install it as exaust fan or blower is it gonna make any difference ? Or just return it ? Even if it makes some difference it's ok I will keep but please help me, to know if it has to be installed as blower or exaust.

View: https://imgur.com/a/vGZGMtI

Use it as exhaust, will only improve system temps further.

The gammaxx coolers are impressive for what they cost.

I also put one on an i5 a few years back and temps even under 100% benchmarking never even hit 60c.

anant024

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
gammaxx coolers are awesome but they could have given those outdated auto lock socket screws, as only due to a youtube video i was able to install it otherwise its just not that easy on systems like one where backside of motherboard is also not exposed.
Thankfully all worked out good, but took almost like 6hours to get this all done, since it was my 1st time, and it was pretty much as if doing a brand new system install.
Now after this it has given me confidence to make my own pc some day , with help from all you guys ofcourse and friends and family :)

Reactions: madmatt30