Question Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer III 360mm connectors

Aug 14, 2024
Hello,

I am building my first system and I just need clarification on the Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer III 360mm connectors. I am using the 3 separate connectors marked Pump, VRM and Fan. My motherboard is the MSI MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI.

Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer III 360mm
MSI MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI

The motherboard fan headers are marked as:

CPU_Fan1
Pump_Fan1
Sys_Fan# (6 of them)

I have been told two things:

Connect Pump to CPU_Fan1, Fan to Pump_Fan1, VRM to Sys_Fan#
Connect Pump to Pump_Fan1, Fan to CPU_Fan1, VRM to Sys_Fan#

I keep getting conflicting answers. It's confusing because the Pump isn't a fan. Even Arctic doesn't seem to answer it when it comes to the 3 separate. Also, I would assume I switch them all to PWM in the Bios? I really don't want to screw this up.

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

I am building my first system and I just need clarification on the Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer III 360mm connectors. I am using the 3 separate connectors marked Pump, VRM and Fan. My motherboard is the MSI MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI.

Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer III 360mm
MSI MAG X670E TOMAHAWK WIFI

The motherboard fan headers are marked as:

CPU_Fan1
Pump_Fan1
Sys_Fan# (6 of them)

I have been told two things:

Connect Pump to CPU_Fan1, Fan to Pump_Fan1, VRM to Sys_Fan#
Connect Pump to Pump_Fan1, Fan to CPU_Fan1, VRM to Sys_Fan#

I keep getting conflicting answers. It's confusing because the Pump isn't a fan. Even Arctic doesn't seem to answer it when it comes to the 3 separate. Also, I would assume I switch them all to PWM in the Bios? I really don't want to screw this up.

Thanks for the help.
Pumps use same type motors as fans, essentially the are all "Motors", work and are adjusted same way.
Connectors on triple ended cable are for pump so should be connected to W/PUMP or any other header on the MB set on full speed.
VRM labeled connector to any SYS/Chassis header on the MB, it can be regulated for speed.
Connector labeled FAN to CPU_FAN header on the MB and radiator fans connected to cable going thru one of the hoses.