[SOLVED] arctic freezer 34 esports duo on r9 5900x

Apr 7, 2022
lately I have been saving up for a new gpu, but since prices are still really bad I have thought about getting a good cpu now and then an rtx 3080 later on. However, I'm not sure if my current cpu cooler (arctic freezer 34 esports duo) is good enough for the cpu I want to get. (I can't really get a new cpu cooler because I just got this one and I can't refund it at this point). Can I use my current cpu cooler on my new cpu for some months before getting a better one?

Solution
Looks like that cooler is similar in performance to the BeQuiet! Pure Rock 2 in cooling capacity. Considering I know someone who keeps a 12700K, which should run hotter than the 5900X, cool with the latter after some tweaking, as long as you don't do anything crazy it should suffice. By cool I mean aberage low 50's in games and spikes to 68. Cinebench was naturally less good, spiked to 88 which is still a really good result for a 40 bucks cooler if we are being honest. You should make sure that air flow is really good, though. And a bigger cooler is naturally better for the long-term.

KyaraM

Admirable
Looks like that cooler is similar in performance to the BeQuiet! Pure Rock 2 in cooling capacity. Considering I know someone who keeps a 12700K, which should run hotter than the 5900X, cool with the latter after some tweaking, as long as you don't do anything crazy it should suffice. By cool I mean aberage low 50's in games and spikes to 68. Cinebench was naturally less good, spiked to 88 which is still a really good result for a 40 bucks cooler if we are being honest. You should make sure that air flow is really good, though. And a bigger cooler is naturally better for the long-term.

Solution