Question Arctic Freezer II - 360mm, different fans?

Newbiiie

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2014
Hello!

I've ordered Arctic Freezer II 360, which comes with 3 of Arctic P12 PWM fans.

I already own 2 of Noctua NF-A12x25PWM, which I would like to use on the Arctic Freezer, moving the 2 of 3 included Arctic fans to my system. I would then have the 2 noctuas and 1 arctic on my Artic Freezer.

Would this be a problem? Both of the fans got 12V. I am asking because there the fan connector is inside the tubes of Arctic Freezer. I can connect all 3 fans to it and then connect them with that splitter to the MB.

Would you advise me to do so? or should I get the 3rd noctua and complete the set for the arctic freezer?

Last edited:
Hello!

I've ordered Arctic Freezer II 360, which comes with 3 of Arctic P12 PWM fans.

I already own 2 of Noctua NF-A12x25PWM, which I would like to use on the Arctic Freezer, moving the 2 of 3 included Arctic fans to my system. I would then have the 2 noctuas and 1 arctic on my Artic Freezer.

Would this be a problem? Both of the fans got 12V. I am asking because there the fan connector is inside the tubes of Arctic Freezer. I can connect all 3 fans to it and then connect them with that splitter to the MB.

Would you advise me to do so? or should I get the 3rd noctua and complete the set for the arctic freezer?
Don't mix fans feeding of same header, or sšpeed and performance is unpredictable.
Besides P120 are some of best and quietest fans and Noctua some of loudest and made for air and case cooling.

Newbiiie

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2014
Don't mix fans feeding of same header, or sšpeed and performance is unpredictable.
Besides P120 are some of best and quietest fans and Noctua some of loudest and made for air and case cooling.

Thank you for your reply!
The better choice is not mixing these two fans into one header? You are right, it makes sense.
But Noctua are louder than P12? Every single test of these I have seen shows the Noctua as being quietest and efficient compared to p12, but only slightly..