[SOLVED] arctic liquid freezer II 360 - case compatibility?? for TOP position mounting ONLY

Jan 18, 2021
hey everyone!!! i wanna order arctic 360 but i cant really find any pc case that can top mmount it... has anyone mounted on top? in what case? thanks a lot

Solution
The case yes but the cooler?
5 year you are still good with both, I've taken a 5 year warranty on the arctic and it was the same price than the NHD15 black. but I have 3900x. I bought it in the summer though, I think it influenced my thought process :D

If I were you, I'd probably go Noctua black and eventually change for a fancy aio with a screen in few years. And then whatever happen, you always have your noctua in backup.

The 4000d looks great in my opinion. Then you also have all the lian-li's (215 for example).
Jul 24, 2020
so u are saying u got it mounted on top? my ram is crucial ballistix 39mm while R6 has max motherboard component height 35mm... so i guess arctic360 cant fit. am i right?

hm, where did you find max motherboard component height?
the corsair vengeance rgb are much taller, you are fine

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Your chassis needs to be able to support top mounted hybrid coolers of that size.
2)You need to take memory clearance into account as well. Some manufacturers do list what the ram limit is when top mounting.
3)You also need to keep in mind that the Liquid Freezer 2's radiator(38mm) is thicker than normal(27-30mm).

Jan 18, 2021
I know all that yea... still im not sure i can find a proper case that can mount it on top. thats why im asking... im between two choices : 1) noctua nh d15 air cooler with a budget 100$ case or 2) liquid ffreezer 2 with a case of 150-160$ that could POSSIBLY mount it...
do u know any case that for sure can mount it on top?

Jul 24, 2020
There are a lot. C'mon! the fractal design R6 that I just told you about. The define 7 most likely. Then there's the corsair 4000D for example. It always depends what you want to do with your computer.
-Is HDD bay important for you?
-Do you want a small or big case? How big?
-Do you want to build it and not touch it for 10 year? Or you wanna keep upgrading and modifying?
- Do you really need a lot of cooling? with what cpu?

At the end, this two coolers are great and both are excellent value. But you most likely would be fine with a lot of different types of cooler too.

Jan 18, 2021
There are a lot. C'mon! the fractal design R6 that I just told you about. The define 7 most likely. Then there's the corsair 4000D for example. It always depends what you want to do with your computer.
-Is HDD bay important for you?
-Do you want a small or big case? How big?
-Do you want to build it and not touch it for 10 year? Or you wanna keep upgrading and modifying?
- Do you really need a lot of cooling? with what cpu?

At the end, this two coolers are great and both are excellent value. But you most likely would be fine with a lot of different types of cooler too.
preferably i wouldnt wanna change case at least for the next 5 years... ive got a ryzen 5600x

Jul 24, 2020
The case yes but the cooler?
5 year you are still good with both, I've taken a 5 year warranty on the arctic and it was the same price than the NHD15 black. but I have 3900x. I bought it in the summer though, I think it influenced my thought process :D

If I were you, I'd probably go Noctua black and eventually change for a fancy aio with a screen in few years. And then whatever happen, you always have your noctua in backup.

The 4000d looks great in my opinion. Then you also have all the lian-li's (215 for example).

Solution