Arcticlean Thermal Compound Remover

ryham

Prominent
Jul 1, 2018
I've ordered some Articlean thermal compound remover and purifier; I was wondering if it's necessary to drop directly onto the CPU and allow the solvent to do its thing (which feels a bit dodgy with the edges so close), or if it would it would be fine to pour some drops onto microfibre cloth and wipe away instead.

Solution
When I had it I just put a few drops right on the CPU IHS, it evaporates quickly you wont hurt anything getting a bit on the PCB. The purifier evaporates very quickly and should help evaporate any of the cleaner left behind. Pouring some on a microfiber cloth would likely work just as well.
It's better to put drops on the CPU, let it sit for a minute or two in order to let the remover do its thing - it won't harm the CPU contacts in any way.

What's as good as the remover, though, is rubbing alcohol. Pour some of that on a microfiber and wipe the CPU.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
When I had it I just put a few drops right on the CPU IHS, it evaporates quickly you wont hurt anything getting a bit on the PCB. The purifier evaporates very quickly and should help evaporate any of the cleaner left behind. Pouring some on a microfiber cloth would likely work just as well.

Solution