[SOLVED] Arctis 3/Astro mixamp

Apr 11, 2020
I have had Astro a40s for years and I love the mixamp. My headphones recently broke and I'm on a strict budget due to the current lockdown situation. Has anyone tried running the Arctis 3 headset through the Astro mixamp? I'd mainly be using this setup for the PS4, for which the Arctis 3 sound quality seems to suffer on it's own much like the a40s without the mixamp. I'm just curious if it works with the mixamp and, if so, does it help the sound quality significantly like it does with the a40 headset?

Solution
The Astro mixamp is made for Astro headphones specifically, it adjusts the sound so they sound decent, basically they are fixing crappy headphones that they make. Arctis 3 sound good enough to use without it. Get them and see how it works in both cases.
The Astro mixamp is made for Astro headphones specifically, it adjusts the sound so they sound decent, basically they are fixing crappy headphones that they make. Arctis 3 sound good enough to use without it. Get them and see how it works in both cases.

Solution