Status
Not open for further replies.

Diswittlepiggy

Honorable
Apr 3, 2016
Hi all,

This issue has been plaguing me for months, with no resolution.

I have had a Steelseries Arctis 9 Wireless headset since September 2020. This headset feature a chat mix function, where the headset presents to Windows as 2 audio output devices, a Headset, and a Headset Earphone, letting you set Chat as your Communications Device, and Game as your Default Device. There is a dial on the headset which allows you to mix them, lowering the volume of one of the 2 devices on demand. The headset connects to the PC with a wireless USB dongle.

Windows Audio Devices
View: https://imgur.com/a/jGn21dP

My issue is as follows: The headset worked perfectly for about 8 months, then I upgraded to N7 B550, and since then my desktop computer will not / can not play audio through both devices at the same time. Other computers work perfectly fine. It is not the headset. I even received an RMA from Steelseries, and the brand new headset does not work either. Audio works I use exclusively one of the devices. Therefore I must conclude that it is my desktop that is the issue.

Components as follows:
NZXT N7 B550 motherboard
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI 2080 Super
Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb 3600 CL18
NZXT H510 Elite Case

Solutions I have tried:
-Uninstalling Realtek Audio Drivers
-Reinstalling Realtek Audio Drivers
-Uninstalling headset drivers
-Testing wireless dongle on different USB ports
-Testing headset and dongle on different computer (works fine on other pcs)
-Reinstalling windows
-Updating BIOS
-Steelseries Engine and Steelseries GG software did not help, installed or uninstalled
-New Headset
-Lowering the quality of the audio in audio settings from DVD to CD
- when both devices are lowered to CD, audio gets through on both devices, however is is badly corrupted and screechy

I am stumped. Please let me know if anyone has run into this or has any ideas. Thanks!

Last edited:

Diswittlepiggy

Honorable
Apr 3, 2016
Solved: I purchased a USB-A to USB-C adapter to go between the wireless receiver and the motherboard. It seems the bandwidth of the C is enough to cover the dual device load.

I feel like USB 3 should have that bandwidth, but the headset is operating normally now, so whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.