[SOLVED] Are b450 good to pair with Ryzen 3rd gen

tandrej002

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017
Hello guys
After deciding to do an upgrade I got new Ryzen 3 3600x with Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16gb 3200mhz ram
Right now only thing left is to buy a new MOBA, now im in delema I dont know which one to get, I found b450 s2h and ds3h for around 60 70 euros , after doing a researh I saw that pairing them with my ryzen 5 3600x woulnd be great idea and that vram will overheat, I woulnd get all potnetial out of my CPU, and that it will overheat. So right now I came here for help. Should I buy them ? rn i have 70 euros left or should I try to get some more money and go with other MOBAs?

Solution
ONLY models that have BIOS flashback are recommended for purchasing to use with Ryzen 3000 series because you WILL need to update the BIOS on the majority of them before you can USE the Ryzen 3000 series CPUs, and basically right now, all boards with BIOS flashback that have the B450 chipset are completely out of stock, everywhere. SO you are either going to keep very close eyes on inventory levels and purchase immediately if you see one that is in stock, or wait until mid June when inventory is supposed to start coming back to retailers or get a much more expensive X570 motherboard.

These are the boards with flashback.

View...
ONLY models that have BIOS flashback are recommended for purchasing to use with Ryzen 3000 series because you WILL need to update the BIOS on the majority of them before you can USE the Ryzen 3000 series CPUs, and basically right now, all boards with BIOS flashback that have the B450 chipset are completely out of stock, everywhere. SO you are either going to keep very close eyes on inventory levels and purchase immediately if you see one that is in stock, or wait until mid June when inventory is supposed to start coming back to retailers or get a much more expensive X570 motherboard.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/bvfo57/list_of_b350_b450_x370_and_x470_motherboards_with/

Solution

tandrej002

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/bvfo57/list_of_b350_b450_x370_and_x470_motherboards_with/
What you mean if board doesnt have BIOS flashbacks I cant update bios
sorry that i dont understand it clearly
edit: or is it brick preventing tool?

tandrej002

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017
He's saying without a BIOS flashback option you's need a 2000 series cpu to update the BIOS with. Some B450 boards are not 3000 series capable out of the box as they have the older BIOS version.
ooohh okay thanks for info I do have a friend who can land me 2000 series chip, anyway thanks for help I really appreciate it !

Yes, if you have access to a 2000 series CPU, then you can update any of the B450 BIOS and it is not a problem then. Otherwise, you'd need one with BIOS flashback because most of these boards are not going to come with a new enough BIOS to support Ryzen 3000 series because they'd be automatically making them incompatible with some of the older first Gen Ryzen CPUs if they shipped them out with the BIOS already updated to the latest versions. A good many B450 boards WON'T support older Ryzen CPUs once you update to a BIOS version that supports 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUs.