Question Are Call Of Duty games more demanding than Battlefield ones?

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018
I ask this because on my pc at least, Call Of Duty Black Ops 1 is way heavier and has way lesser graphics than Battlefield 3.
Both games are from around the same year(2010-2011).
I have the graphics on both games set to High or Maximum.

Why does this happen?

My pc:

CPU:FX6300
MB: Asus M5A78L-M LX V2
RAM: 16GB DDR3
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB MSI
3 HD + 1 SSD
PSU: Gamemax GP 650

Black Ops 1 is an extremely CPU intensive game. Your current CPU is pretty weak for this game.

Also, BO1's engine was notably badly optimized. Bad PC port. It can stutter/lag on even much better PC specs than yours. That's why the game can run even worse than Battlefield 3.

logainofhades

Titan
Yea that CPU is not doing you any favors at all. It wasn't exactly fast when it was new. I had an FX 8320 for a secondary rig, and it was a turd compared to my i5 2400 at the time. It's definitely time to upgrade your plaform if you can afford to.

rscheetah30

Dignified
Jun 8, 2018
Black Ops 1 is an extremely CPU intensive game. Your current CPU is pretty weak for this game.

Also, BO1's engine was notably badly optimized. Bad PC port. It can stutter/lag on even much better PC specs than yours. That's why the game can run even worse than Battlefield 3.
Actually, BF3 runs extremelly well on my pc. In fact, even when I had an R7 240 2gb the game still looked very good and it didn't lag.
If anything, this goes to show how badly optimized most CoD games are. It's amazing how bad the textures on CoD_Black Ops1 are if compared to BF3.

If anything, this goes to show how badly optimized most CoD games are. It's amazing how bad the textures on CoD_Black Ops1 are if compared to BF3.
Or maybe it's just your setup, because most CoD games ran fine on my computers over the years.

EDIT: Well, to see if this assertion holds any real weight I went and found some benchmarks of the time

This one's from https://www.techspot.com/review/336-cod-black-ops-performance/page5.html
1920-p.webp

And this one's from https://www.techspot.com/review/458-battlefield-3-performance/page2.html
1920_Ultra-p.webp

Of note, another main difference between the two is the CoD computer is running on an i7-920 and the BF3 computer is running on a i7-2600K.

So... considering the same cards in both tests perform better in CoD should tell you something.

Last edited: