[SOLVED] Are Corsair LL120s compatible with the case fans on the 4000x?

Yrors_

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2015
Hi,
I recently bought a Corsair 4000x as my new case but it does not include an exhaust fan. There is an included Lighting Node Core on the case (6x rgb headers) and the front fans are 3 unique SP120 RGB pwm fans which Corsair does not sell separately from the case. I am aware that normal SP120s are apparently compatible with the case but I would like to maintain the white aesthetic of my build, hence why I am considering the LL120. Alongside this, I am looking at buying a h100i platinum which also uses LL120 fans.

So will all 6 fans (3x LL120s and 3x SP120s) function on the same lighting node core?

Thanks!

Solution
I have 4 x HD120s and 3 x LL120s they need different hubs and their own lighting channel so i would say no, the fans rgb seem to work in different ways when on the same lighting setting it has to do with the number of leds and the position of the leds on the fan also there is a no option to split a lighting channel between products on Icue and a warning that they might be damaged if you set them to wrong product

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
I have 4 x HD120s and 3 x LL120s they need different hubs and their own lighting channel so i would say no, the fans rgb seem to work in different ways when on the same lighting setting it has to do with the number of leds and the position of the leds on the fan also there is a no option to split a lighting channel between products on Icue and a warning that they might be damaged if you set them to wrong product

Solution