[SOLVED] Are founders edition blower gpu cards ever preferred?

raknarius

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
I'm going to be buying a new graphics card soon, either the 5700xt or the 2070 super, i normally wait till the aftermarket cards come out with the triple or double fans. I Realize a lot of people do buy the stock card when it comes out. I assume most of those are blower style, where it sucks the air from the case and blows it out. I believe most aftermarket gpu's with triple or double fan just blow the air on the card directly . I was wondering if there is ever a instance or situation where the blower style gpu's are preferred.

Thanks to all you who spend your time helping us newbies out!

Solution
It's your choice, if you prefer a blower style cooling, or a single/dual/triple fan design for the PCB (Open Air) ? But these reference type GPUs can get noisy under load though. It also depends on what type of ATX cabinet you are having.

The blower cooler will help push the hot air from the near of the chassis. It sucks air in through the single fan in the front of the card and blows it out of the back. It is important to note that even though all blower-type coolers use a single-fan design, not all single-fan cards are blower-style.

Exhausting air out the back of the card helps in cases with poor airflow since there is no hot air blown into the case; conversely, it is exhausted outside of the chassis.

On the other...
Poor airflow cases prefer blower style coolers, since they exhaust heat directly.
The other situation is a compact multicard setup, where again, the heat is exhausted directly.
Another option is better waterblock compatibility at or near launch.

So in general, its a small market for the cooler specifically, but people like to buy products at launch instead of waiting.

It's your choice, if you prefer a blower style cooling, or a single/dual/triple fan design for the PCB (Open Air) ? But these reference type GPUs can get noisy under load though. It also depends on what type of ATX cabinet you are having.

The blower cooler will help push the hot air from the near of the chassis. It sucks air in through the single fan in the front of the card and blows it out of the back. It is important to note that even though all blower-type coolers use a single-fan design, not all single-fan cards are blower-style.

Exhausting air out the back of the card helps in cases with poor airflow since there is no hot air blown into the case; conversely, it is exhausted outside of the chassis.

On the other hand, the volume of that air is usually so small that the single tiny fan must spin much faster to cool the GPU properly, meaning most blower style cards are susceptible to higher temperatures and noise levels compared to their competition. Blower coolers are generally most useful in mini-ITX cases and/or multi-GPU setups, where there is not enough case airflow available to sustain an open-air cooler design.

The logic behind open-air cards is also simple, a cooler with a single, double, or triple fan that blows cold air from the outside onto a heatsink – either directly or indirectly cooling the GPU. The radiator usually consists of fins that have heatpipes running through them. Blower-style cards use smaller heatsinks, which is one of the reasons why their cooling capacity is much smaller.

Solution