[SOLVED] Are GPU partner companies lying to us?

InfinityVive

Great
BANNED
May 23, 2019
Honestly, I think that I got scammed for an XFX Radeon HD 5450 2 GB 5 Years ago, At that time I was really excited to play games like watch dogs with my Core i5 2nd gen, 8 GB RAM PC, But then I noticed that my onboard integrated GPU won't do the trick, So I decided to search for a good GPU online and found the XFX Radeon HD 5450, XFX announced their Radeon HD 5450 @ 2014, So I thought because it was made in 2014 it would be good ,then After I enter their website I read about the card and somehow they were trying to tell you that this video card is high-end And in the bottom-line they mentioned that it will do the trick at running all games "Smoothly" and Good at editing, Read it yourself @ http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/products/all-previous-gpus/xfx-amd-5450-2gb-graphics-card-hd-545x-clh2
So I have decided to buy it because they said it is a "Fine" GPU, I bought it for 200 Dollars which was it's price when it was released, Then after I put it in my Rig and started gaming, It didn't run crap, And in watch dogs was barely 7 FPS, And can't do more than 480p editing at 30 FPS, So why? Are these companies lying to us trying to sell their products? (Sorry for mentioning my story instead of getting straight to the point)

Solution
Honestly, I think that I got scammed for an XFX Radeon HD 5450 2 GB 5 Years ago, At that time I was really excited to play games like watch dogs with my Core i5 2nd gen, 8 GB RAM PC, But then I noticed that my onboard integrated GPU won't do the trick, So I decided to search for a good GPU online and found the XFX Radeon HD 5450, XFX announced their Radeon HD 5450 @ 2014, So I thought because it was made in 2014 it would be good ,then After I enter their website I read about the card and somehow they were trying to tell you that this video card is high-end And in the bottom-line they mentioned that it will do the trick at running all games "Smoothly" and Good at editing, Read it yourself @...

InfinityVive

Great
BANNED
May 23, 2019
When did I say that ? We were just clarifying this, because your OP wasn't that much clear enough..

Current. What will I do with old specs though ?? So, you have 2 PCs ? Just list the current PC specs.
Honestly, I think that I got scammed for an XFX Radeon HD 5450 2 GB 5 Years ago,
I said 5 Years ago.

Also my Current PC specs are: i5-4590, 16 GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 8 GB, I asked this question for more knowledge to pick the right GPU.

Honestly, I think that I got scammed for an XFX Radeon HD 5450 2 GB 5 Years ago, At that time I was really excited to play games like watch dogs with my Core i5 2nd gen, 8 GB RAM PC, But then I noticed that my onboard integrated GPU won't do the trick, So I decided to search for a good GPU online and found the XFX Radeon HD 5450, XFX announced their Radeon HD 5450 @ 2014, So I thought because it was made in 2014 it would be good ,then After I enter their website I read about the card and somehow they were trying to tell you that this video card is high-end And in the bottom-line they mentioned that it will do the trick at running all games "Smoothly" and Good at editing, Read it yourself @ http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/products/all-previous-gpus/xfx-amd-5450-2gb-graphics-card-hd-545x-clh2
So I have decided to buy it because they said it is a "Fine" GPU, I bought it for 200 Dollars which was it's price when it was released, Then after I put it in my Rig and started gaming, It didn't run crap, And in watch dogs was barely 7 FPS, And can't do more than 480p editing at 30 FPS, So why? Are these companies lying to us trying to sell their products? (Sorry for mentioning my story instead of getting straight to the point)

Advertising and actual tests by reviewers are two different things. Would this post have been better done 5 years ago so you could replace it and get the card of the speed you wanted? I mean just looking at the 5450 models you can tell they are not fast, first the chip came out in 2010, even 5 years ago that would already be old for a video card, and when new that card was low end, and not close to $200 you say you paid for it. A review for the card back in 2010 had this "AMD expects to ask between $50 - 60 for the new HD 5450 ". And "The new Radeon HD 5450, code-named Cedar Pro, will be the most affordable graphics card belonging to the HD 5000 series ". Most affordable in the series, small with no good cooling option or need, low power use, all means a slower card. https://www.techspot.com/review/244-ati-radeon-hd-5450/

What you say the vendor stated is not correct, this is exactly what is stated at the bottom. I bolded the parts you seemed to be talking about.

"The XFX 5450 graphics card is the perfect upgrade solution. When you need to upgrade or replace your integrated onboard graphics or replace your old graphics card that died. This card will do it all from playing games, to watching HD and Blu-Ray movies in 3D, to editing photos and videos, to just improving your overall everyday productivity by speeding up your applications from word processors to spreadsheets. This card truly is the one card that does it all. "

There is no mention that it will run "all games smoothly" at all, just that it will play games. Or that it is "good" at editing. They just say it's better than onboard graphics, which is correct.

If you want more knowledge to pick a video card, read reviews of cards not just what the vendors put out as specs or in their ads. The issue was not the vendor scamming you, it was poor research, buying a chip made in 2010 in 2014 and it being clearly a lower spec model just by looking at the size of the card and power use and comparing it to other higher end cards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Solution