[SOLVED] Are ISPs able to "see" external devices content (Router USB Port)?

deNameMo

Reputable
Mar 19, 2019
Lets say you have a ripped movie on a flash drive or external hard drive and you connect that drive to the routers USB Port.

Is there any chance or perhaps possibility that the ISP can SOMEHOW find out about said movie? Hash? Widevine or some watermark?

This is not a question about piracy, just the ISP ability to snoop or detect externally connected USB drives.

Solution
Who owns the router?
If it's your own, I don't see how the ISP could possibly see it, without let's say at least the credentials for your router (not that they would even try to do something like that).
But if the router is from the provider, and someone decides to check....yes of course they can see what is on the USB, highly unlikely because no one cares, but yes they can if it's their own router.
Who owns the router?
If it's your own, I don't see how the ISP could possibly see it, without let's say at least the credentials for your router (not that they would even try to do something like that).
But if the router is from the provider, and someone decides to check....yes of course they can see what is on the USB, highly unlikely because no one cares, but yes they can if it's their own router.

Solution

deNameMo

Reputable
Mar 19, 2019
Who owns the router?
Bought myself / has nothing to do with the ISP, I think slapping a password on the drive should be enough.