Question are my 7800x3d temps normal?

Jan 3, 2024
I'm not too experience in monitoring temps but I installed the msi afterburner thing and had my temps monitored and noticed my temps just browsing on google hovers around 47-48C which I think is fine but when I watch youtube Im in the mid to high 50's but I also think some of that temp is from me pulling up the board to check the temps cause It also spikes a few degrees up when I pull it up so it might actually be 50 to mid 50's. When I am gaming I usaully am in the 60's range where I sometimes touch 70-71 but its rare. I was getting worried because now I reinstalled siege to get back into it when I was from console but I noticed that when playing I stay around 69-75 c range and that was with the no limit fps cap cause there is no 240 fps cap. If i cap it I can bring to 70 c around there but its still a few degrees hotter than other games like uncharted 4. Is this fine?

When I am gaming I usaully am in the 60's range where I sometimes touch 70-71 but its rare...when playing I stay around 69-75 c range
this is normal for gaming range with any type of demanding game.

regular browsing temps may be a bit higher than what i would like to see, but still within normal ranges for a large portion of users.

what are your basic idling temps?

Reactions: ydoc
This is where you load cinebench and see if it hits the thermal limit. I think the limit is 89 if I remember correctly for a 7800x3d.
It depends on your cooler but if you have even a half decent air cooler it will keep it under 89.

If cinebench does not max the cpu then nothing you do normally will come even close. Although people use cinebench to get a benchmark number what it is also used for is to see if your cooling system is working properly.

The actual temperature does not matter as long as the cpu is not degrading itself because it hits the thermal limits. So it will run the same at say 60 as it does at 70. Since you can't overclock a 7800x3d there really is not much reason to try to force the temp lower.

Reactions: ydoc
Jan 3, 2024
this is normal for gaming range with any type of demanding game.

regular browsing temps may be a bit higher than what i would like to see, but still within normal ranges for a large portion of users.

what are your basic idling temps?
how would I check the idle temps?

xastunts

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2017
This is where you load cinebench and see if it hits the thermal limit. I think the limit is 89 if I remember correctly for a 7800x3d.
It depends on your cooler but if you have even a half decent air cooler it will keep it under 89.

If cinebench does not max the cpu then nothing you do normally will come even close. Although people use cinebench to get a benchmark number what it is also used for is to see if your cooling system is working properly.

The actual temperature does not matter as long as the cpu is not degrading itself because it hits the thermal limits. So it will run the same at say 60 as it does at 70. Since you can't overclock a 7800x3d there really is not much reason to try to force the temp lower.
Objection your honor!! I use the 7800X3D on a X670 Aorus Elite AX board. For me the temps really matters a lot! Using a AIO water cooler I never get even close to the TJ Max limits (max temps before throttling).

I live in SEA and the ambient temps can be 30 C celcius and that is when my computer underperforms when gaming! the difference is like night and day. during the night time and when the AC is on to cool the room down to around 26 C celcius the computer runs on turbo mode.

Objection your honor!! I use the 7800X3D on a X670 Aorus Elite AX board. For me the temps really matters a lot! Using a AIO water cooler I never get even close to the TJ Max limits (max temps before throttling).

I live in SEA and the ambient temps can be 30 C celcius and that is when my computer underperforms when gaming! the difference is like night and day. during the night time and when the AC is on to cool the room down to around 26 C celcius the computer runs on turbo mode.
Purely subjective. Every benchmarking site says this is not true. Load a hardware monitor and watch the clock rates. If the cpu overheat the clock rates will drop.