[SOLVED] Are my Bsods related to my hardware? If yes which one? (Minidumps in post)

NoWayOut8344

Commendable
Jan 6, 2021
This issue has been plaguing me for a long time and since then I couldn't find a fix. For some time turned to (way less frequent) hard reboots but I was fed up and did a clean reinstall of windows. Now the Bsods returned. I can't seem to make sense of them as they all blame the kernel (ntoskrnl.exe).

I've been collecting Minidump files so you can have a look here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ojduhxwl1jv6i25/Memory_Dumps.zip/file

Steps I tried so far:
-Drivers all up to date
-DDU Driver uninstaller
-Updated Bios (To newest version available at time of posting)
-Turned Xmp off
-Adjusted Ram Voltage to 1.4 and 1.35 (no -change from 1.2)
-Check all cables for secure fit
-Test both Ram sticks with memtest86 (4 passes each, no errors)
-Reinstall windows
-Turn Ram frequency up to a bit below rating (2560 mhz or somewhat there)
-Checked cooling (all ok there)
-Running Ubuntu as a live OS from a usb stick (got very similar symtoms like in windows. For example firefox tabs crashing and the whole system just freezing requiring me to hard reset.)
-And a few other that i cant exactly remember, mostly small things.

My Pc Specs:
Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600
Gpu: Powercolor Radeon RX 5700 XT
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M Ds3h
Psu: Cooler Master MWE 750W
SSD: SanDisk SSD PLUS 480GB (Win installed here)
HDD: WD Blue 1.5GB
Windows 10 Home 21H1 (Build 19043.1052)

-Build the Pc about a year ago myself and installed Win 10 (x64) myself and reinstalled it about 4 days ago.

My assumption is that the problem is on the Hardware side and my main suspects are my RAM (even though it wasnt showing errors on memtest86. An incompatability maby?), my Motherboard and my PSU but im not sure AT ALL so thats why im asking for help.

Can somebody atleast point me into the direction of my problem?

Solution
Hi, I looked at the 8 most recent dumps (of the 27 that you uploaded) and got the following results: https://jsfiddle.net/s8rawxjb/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:061921-8890-01.dmp (Jun 19 2021 - 10:50:29)
Bugcheck:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

File information:061921-7656-01.dmp (Jun 19 2021 - 10:41:34)
Bugcheck:

Colif

Win 11 Master
i can't read dumps until they are converted by my friend who I will send this link to now

ntoskrnl is involved in almost every action so its a common thing to crash, its rarely the cause though

what is most common BSOD message?

Colif

Win 11 Master
This issue has been plaguing me for a long time and since then I couldn't find a fix. For some time turned to (way less frequent) hard reboots but I was fed up and did a clean reinstall of windows. Now the Bsods returned. I can't seem to make sense of them as they all blame the kernel (ntoskrnl.exe).

I've been collecting Minidump files so you can have a look here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ojduhxwl1jv6i25/Memory_Dumps.zip/file

Steps I tried so far:
-Drivers all up to date
-DDU Driver uninstaller
-Updated Bios (To newest version available at time of posting)
-Turned Xmp off
-Adjusted Ram Voltage to 1.4 and 1.35 (no -change from 1.2)
-Check all cables for secure fit
-Test both Ram sticks with memtest86 (4 passes each, no errors)
-Reinstall windows
-Turn Ram frequency up to a bit below rating (2560 mhz or somewhat there)
-Checked cooling (all ok there)
-Running Ubuntu as a live OS from a usb stick (got very similar symtoms like in windows. For example firefox tabs crashing and the whole system just freezing requiring me to hard reset.)
-And a few other that i cant exactly remember, mostly small things.

My Pc Specs:
Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600
Gpu: Powercolor Radeon RX 5700 XT
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M Ds3h
Psu: Cooler Master MWE 750W
SSD: SanDisk SSD PLUS 480GB (Win installed here)
HDD: WD Blue 1.5GB
Windows 10 Home 21H1 (Build 19043.1052)

-Build the Pc about a year ago myself and installed Win 10 (x64) myself and reinstalled it about 4 days ago.

My assumption is that the problem is on the Hardware side and my main suspects are my RAM (even though it wasnt showing errors on memtest86. An incompatability maby?), my Motherboard and my PSU but im not sure AT ALL so thats why im asking for help.

Can somebody atleast point me into the direction of my problem?
Run this and post a link to the results page.
PC Benchmark

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I looked at the 8 most recent dumps (of the 27 that you uploaded) and got the following results: https://jsfiddle.net/s8rawxjb/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:061921-8890-01.dmp (Jun 19 2021 - 10:50:29)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

File information:061921-7656-01.dmp (Jun 19 2021 - 10:41:34)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE (162)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for WdFilter.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 50 Sec(s)

File information:061921-7250-01.dmp (Jun 19 2021 - 11:03:42)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL (192)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 51 Sec(s)

File information:061921-7156-01.dmp (Jun 19 2021 - 10:10:36)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: firefox.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 07 Sec(s)

File information:061921-6640-01.dmp (Jun 19 2021 - 10:47:37)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: explorer.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 41 Sec(s)

File information:061921-6500-01.dmp (Jun 19 2021 - 10:26:26)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 10 Min(s), and 19 Sec(s)

File information:061921-14125-01.dmp (Jun 19 2021 - 10:15:45)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: firefox.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 47 Sec(s)

File information:061921-10750-01.dmp (Jun 19 2021 - 10:08:08)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 25 Sec(s)
Motherboard: B450M DS3H-CF
There are 2 versions of this motherboard and I'm unable to identify which one that you have.
Version 1 page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-1x
Version 2 page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-V2-rev-10/
You are using BIOS version F61c. There may be an update. If there is, wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1) & KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL (192) caused by gpu drivers

try running ddu in safe mode and reinstall AMD drivers - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

2nd crash caused by windows defender crashing
download Win10 Auto Installation Program (SId:1152921505693508652) from here - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

4th crash mentions tcpip.sys which is used by windows to talk to lan drivers. see crash 2
7th crash probably lan drivers
I can't tell with some of the crashes but with having bad AMD gpu drivers and bad LAN it could be them as well.

NoWayOut8344

Commendable
Jan 6, 2021
So far i have reinstalled my GPU driver using DDU and ran the Win10 Auto Installation Programm and now i am stresstesting my CPU with Prime95 and no errors or Bsods so far but i think its only a matter of time till the next Bsod. I will definitly update this once i get another Bsod.

NoWayOut8344

Commendable
Jan 6, 2021
Yeah im pretty sure by now that this is a hardware issue (still cant tell which one) cause no fixes seem to work at all. I also have updated the Minidumps with the dumps after i tried the fixes. Maby i should note that the Bsods occur when my pc isnt under load or handeling files, because i was able to Play a few games of Pubg with my friend. Other games on steam however wont start at all or (like i had to do with pubg) had problems with directX (missing files despite them being there etc.) which i was able to fix by reinstalling .dll files.
Also amd radeon software wont install so i had to use driver booster 8 (which i used to check for outdated drivers like usb drivers).
I also came across something called Ram Powerdown Mode or Geardown Mode but my bios doesnt have a option to toggle it or its not available.
Btw as im writing this on my Phone my PC is just Bsodding doing nothing.
Any Ideas? Cause mine ran out.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what power plan are you running windows in?
right click start
choose power options
under related settings, choose Additional power settings
are you running AMD Ryzen Balanced?
if its not showing, click show additional plans

you could try Ryzen High Performance, it might help

often if it crashes at idle it could mean PSU can't cope with how ryzen race to idle

If a core needs to wake to perform a task, it will boost to speed needed and once it completes task it will race back to slow again, and some PSU don't cope with the ever changing power demands of ryzen cpu
most of the time i find core 0 is most active and is preferred core and will boost to 1ghz occasionally, other 5 cores sit around doing nothing - i have a 3600xt

Cooler Master MWE 750W
what power rating is it? white or gold?

NoWayOut8344

Commendable
Jan 6, 2021
My Psu is rated "White".
I have returned my cpu and motherboard and am now waiting for new ones (still the same ones) and once they have arrived ill tell you how things go.

NoWayOut8344

Commendable
Jan 6, 2021
Allright so after i put my components back together and made another clean install of windows the situation has somewhat improved? Aka less bsods. I had 2 when setting up windows beacuse of missing drivers. And one while downloading a steam game where Ndu.sys was blamed.
Updating the Lan drivers seemed to help. But today there was another one (apc index missmatch) while my pc was idle. This one was blamed on the kernel.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

in case it happens again.

NoWayOut8344

Commendable
Jan 6, 2021
K so over time the situation has improved but im still not happy. I just got a bsod while my pc was ideling on the login screen and the driver responsible was (Not the kernel for once) amdppm.sys which is something to do with powermanagement so apperantly setting my settings to "High performance" certenly improved the situation but not fixed it. About minidumps...
my Pc just isnt letting me zip them or upload them. I can move them on my Desktop but from there i cant zip them. Every time i try a error message pops up saying "cant find file or no read permission" although im the only user and therefor admin and already made myself owner of the files through their properties. Any help there would be appreachiated.

TRENDING THREADS