Question Are my GPU temps normal ?

Feb 23, 2024
SPECS:
  • Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
  • Western Digital SN570 500GB
  • XPG Core Reactor 850W Gold
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 TI - MSI VENTUS 3X OC (Black)
  • Team T-FORCE Vulcan Z DDR4 3200MHz DDR4 3200 MHz (Maximum Speed) 32GB (2X16GB)
  • Intel Core i7-13700KF 16-Core 3.4 GHz
  • NZXT N5 Z690 (Black)
  • NZXT H7 (Black)
  • Windows 11_Home
  • Standard Service (US)
  • NZXT Kraken X53 (Black)
Also wanted to add that I added 2 intake fans for better ventilation, because the case only came with one, .

My idle temp for my 4070ti is around 50 degrees Celsius when I'm browsing on Firefox. I feel that is not crazy high but not exactly normal either. When I'm playing GPU intensive games like recently Helldivers 2, it'll bounce around 65-75 degrees Celsius depending on what's happening. I think that my gaming temps seem normal for the most part, but I'm mainly concerned about it when it's idle. I do have Instant Replay on GeForce Experience on always running when my computer is turned on. Is the Instant replay affecting my GPU temps, and should I not have it always on? And If I do disable it, what temps do you think I should be getting with that turned off?

Mar 17, 2024
The temperatures you're experiencing with your 4070ti are within the normal range. The RTX 4070 Ti operates between 59°C and 71°C while gaming, so your gaming temperatures of 65-75 degrees Celsius are expected. Your idle temperature of around 50 degrees Celsius is slightly higher than the lower end of this range, but still within safe limits

As for the Instant Replay feature on GeForce Experience, it can have a minimal impact on GPU performance and potentially increase temperatures. When Instant Replay is running, it's continuously recording the last few minutes of your screen, which requires some GPU resources. However, the impact is usually small and might cause a slight increase in idle temperatures.

If you disable Instant Replay, you might see a small decrease in your GPU's idle temperature .

If you're concerned about your GPU's temperature, you can use third-party software like HW Monitor or GPU-Z to monitor it. If your GPU consistently runs at high temperatures, you might want to look into improving your PC's cooling.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to take off the front panel of the case and see what your temps are after that. If your temps do drop, the issue is the case's intake(or lack thereof) and that won't be solved no matter how many fans you slap to the front fascia.

Mar 17, 2024
The temperatures you're experiencing with your 4070ti are within the normal range. The RTX 4070 Ti operates between 59°C and 71°C while gaming, so your gaming temperatures of 65-75 degrees Celsius are expected. Your idle temperature of around 50 degrees Celsius is slightly higher than the lower end of this range, but still within safe limits

As for the Instant Replay feature on GeForce Experience, it can have a minimal impact on GPU performance and potentially increase temperatures. When Instant Replay is running, it's continuously recording the last few minutes of your screen, which requires some GPU resources. However, the impact is usually small and might cause a slight increase in idle temperatures.

If you disable Instant Replay, you might see a small decrease in your GPU's idle temperature .

If you're concerned about your GPU's temperature, you can use third-party software like HW Monitor or GPU-Z to monitor it. If your GPU consistently runs at high temperatures, you might want to look into improving your PC's cooling.
u may also check for dried thermal pads which is normally a reason for throttling, (reapply new thermal pase )
i wiuld suggest

ARCTIC MX-4 - Thermal Compound Paste​

Feb 23, 2024
u may also check for dried thermal pads which is normally a reason for throttling, (reapply new thermal pase )
i wiuld suggest

ARCTIC MX-4 - Thermal Compound Paste​

I replaced the thermal paste for my CPU about 3 weeks ago, but my main concern is the GPU not my CPU. So I don't know if that'll even affect my temps too much. I disabled Instant Replay and the temps are now floating around 40 degrees Celsius. A whole 10 degrees by 1 application. I did have the option checked on where it'll record my desktop and etc. (not only when I'm gaming). I have it so it records the last 5 minutes from when I clip something. Does having instant replay on really affect the temperatures that much?

Mahisse

Distinguished
Yeah don't bother with the thermal pads.. It doesn't make sense when your gaming temperatures are normal. If there was something noticable wrong with the thermal pads/paste in the GPU it would be higher temps when gaming. Personally I think 50 celcius for idle sounds high but I see the idle temp for that MSI VENTUS 3x is recorded to be 45 celcius so you are not too far off. I would say you are probably within normal range for that brand/card.