Are the any good 1440p+ monitors with gsync or should I wait?

Saint Crake

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
I'm doing a full build upgrade on my rig and with that I want a good 1440p+ monitor(s) with gsync and a low response time with a budget around $800 per monitor (24/27 inch,have 2 24 inch 1080p 144hz/1ms now). I'm running a single EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 and plan to add a second in the very near future. I've been looking around at monitors that fit my criteria (Acer XB28/27, ROG swift) but all have a lot of negative reviews, and the only one that has good reviews, the overlord tempest, seems very hard to come by. With all the negative reviews on the monitors it leads me to believe I should just wait until something that isn't plagued with problems is released or I can get my hands on a overlord tempest. Just looking for some input on which course of action I should take.

Saint Crake

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

I was looking at this monitor and there's still quite a few bad reviews of dead pixels, ghosting and over all bad build quality. I understand you're going to get a few bad products out of a bunch but there seems to be to many bads to comfortably drop the money on this monitor.