[SOLVED] Are the cpu socket on a Extended ATX motherboard the same location as a standard ATX motherboard?

Aug 9, 2020
I am upgrading my motherboard and I am concerned that I would have to redo my custom liquid cooling because the cpu socket would be on a different location on the EATX then my standard ATX.
Current Motherboard: Asus b450-f
Motherboard in Question:MSI x570 MEG GODLIKE

Last edited:
Solution
The cpu is not given a specific location per the atx specs so can change even from atx to other atx mobos. Easiest way to see is the standoff hole location vs the cpu cooler mounting location. Manufacturers may use the same location on certain series but you'd have to look at the mobos specifically to be sure.
The cpu is not given a specific location per the atx specs so can change even from atx to other atx mobos. Easiest way to see is the standoff hole location vs the cpu cooler mounting location. Manufacturers may use the same location on certain series but you'd have to look at the mobos specifically to be sure.

Solution
Jun 17, 2020
this probably isn't the answer you want but, if i was you i would buy it to test and return it if it doesn't work out. nobody will know if it will fit unless they have the exact situation (not likely) so this is your best option.

USAFRet

Titan
Even among standard ATX and microATX, the CPU location is slightly variable.
VIA_Mini-ITX_Form_Factor_Comparison.jpg