Question Are the mount holes all the same on MINI-ITX Motherboards? Are they always in the same position?

reaper89971

Prominent
Jun 2, 2023
Hello, I have to make my own Mount holes for a MINI-ITX Computer and was wondering if the 4 mount holes vary in position? I know that the board has to have 4 mount holes but are some positioned differently from manufacturer to manufacturer?

I was going to buy a non-working board then use that to make my mount holes, Or drill my mount holes.

The motherboard i intend on using is from Asrock. So are all Asrock mini itx mount holes the same? Some motherboard have completely different layouts but do the mount holes remain the same?

The board i was going to use is a industrail MINI- ITX if that makes a difference not a regular MINI itx

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, I have to make my own Mount holes for a MINI-ITX Computer and was wondering if the 4 mount holes vary in position? I know that the board has to have 4 mount holes but are some positioned differently from manufacturer to manufacturer?

I was going to buy a non-working board then use that to make my mount holes, Or drill my mount holes.

The motherboard i intend on using is from Asrock. So are all Asrock mini itx mount holes the same? Some motherboard have completely different layouts but do the mount holes remain the same?

The board i was going to use is a industrail MINI- ITX if that makes a difference not a regular MINI itx
There are standards for the location of mounting screws. Could an industrial motherboard violate those standards? Yes, but that motherboard would then probably be sold with a case.
Do you have a link to the board in question ?

Mini ITX (and Micro ATX) are designed to use the standard ATX mounting holes.

This picture shows the location of the holes on a mini ITX:

(Don't think I can hotlink the image, so go to the page directly.)

You can compare the hole positions with where you can see the holes on an image of the motherboard you're intending to get. (The IO ports are at the top of the diagram.) It's vanishingly unlikely that the mini ITX board you want to get has different hole positions. If it did then I'd recommend you get a different mini ITX that follows the standard rather than create a non-standard mount that ties you to one specific and unusual motherboard for ever more.

Last edited: