[SOLVED] Are the x570 motherboards worth it?

EmptyCoconut

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
I plan on buying a r7 3700x later this summer but I'm unsure if I should buy a b450/x470 motherboard for around $100 or an x570 motherboard for $200. I have a budget of (around) $1000 so every dollar counts.

Solution
I plan on buying a r7 3700x later this summer but I'm unsure if I should buy a b450/x470 motherboard for around $100 or an x570 motherboard for $200. I have a budget of (around) $1000 so every dollar counts.
I think it's safe to say 'it depends'...

If you have a need for insanely fast NVME storage it's the only game in town.

If (when?) AIC cards come to market that really stretch PCIe gen 4 you'll be positioned for it. I don't think GPU's fit that bill... not for gaming at least. I mean something like NVMe Raid, 10GB ethernet, etc.

But also, they really do seem to be terrific boards in that they are very full-featured at the top. Lastly... they have insanely capable VRM's. At least the ones Buildzoid has done PCB...
I think it's safe to say 'it depends'...

If you have a need for insanely fast NVME storage it's the only game in town.

If (when?) AIC cards come to market that really stretch PCIe gen 4 you'll be positioned for it. I don't think GPU's fit that bill... not for gaming at least. I mean something like NVMe Raid, 10GB ethernet, etc.

But also, they really do seem to be terrific boards in that they are very full-featured at the top. Lastly... they have insanely capable VRM's. At least the ones Buildzoid has done PCB break-downs on do. Even Asus' entry level board has a great VRM, and it's reasonably priced at $165 US.

Solution