Question Are there any aftermarket options for KFA2 1080 EX OC?

Araborum

Honorable
Nov 19, 2015
Is anyone aware of any air based options for cooling a KFA2 1080 EX OC?

I have seen claims the board seems to be 1:1 a reference card but i am not buying it. Which makes my options limited and odds of buying a non-fitting piece high.

My eyes are currently locked on Raijinktek Morpheus II as i have 2 brand new Corsair ML120 lying around, but i am still not sure that will fit anything but reference cards.

the reason for wanting to upgrade is that my GPU is running a tad hot for my liking. I repasted it, pushing temp from 81 to around 78 under 3DMark, but i would like to see that go down more. Adding a more aggressive fan curve only pushed it down another 1-2 degrees.

Is anyone aware of any air based options for cooling a KFA2 1080 EX OC?

I have seen claims the board seems to be 1:1 a reference card but i am not buying it. Which makes my options limited and odds of buying a non-fitting piece high.

My eyes are currently locked on Raijinktek Morpheus II as i have 2 brand new Corsair ML120 lying around, but i am still not sure that will fit anything but reference cards.

the reason for wanting to upgrade is that my GPU is running a tad hot for my liking. I repasted it, pushing temp from 81 to around 78 under 3DMark, but i would like to see that go down more. Adding a more aggressive fan curve only pushed it down another 1-2 degrees.

78C max temp is very normal for a GPU especially if its a dual fan cooler.

Maybe, but I feel that if the two fans have to run at 90% of their RPM, we have a problem. Plus I want to OC it a bit. And last but not least, it's just fun to tinker with the hardware.

The thing is that most aftermarket coolers are made for reference cards so there is no guarantee that the Raijinktek Morpheus II will fit your card. Also modifying the card will void your warranty. I always choose cards that have triple fans cooler.

Araborum

Honorable
Nov 19, 2015
The thing is that most aftermarket coolers are made for reference cards so there is no guarantee that the Raijinktek Morpheus II will fit your card. Also modifying the card will void your warranty. I always choose cards that have triple fans cooler.

I thought as much. The only reason why i looked at it is that the block hovers over the PCB except for the main chip so as long as the mounting holes align, one would assume that it SHOULD be fine as the rest is coooled by the small separate radiators.

There is always the alphacool water block but i would rather hold of on a custom loop for a bit longer.

Dec 29, 2019
I thought as much. The only reason why i looked at it is that the block hovers over the PCB except for the main chip so as long as the mounting holes align, one would assume that it SHOULD be fine as the rest is coooled by the small separate radiators.

There is always the alphacool water block but i would rather hold of on a custom loop for a bit longer.
You could try an NZXT KRAKEN G12 with a NZXT KRAKEN X42. It might be easier than building a custom WC loop