[SOLVED] Are there any cons about using a dvi dual link in a 144hz 1920x1080 Monitor? (xl2411p)

Jul 28, 2020
So, my rx 580 dont have a dp connection so i have to use dvi dual link from the gpu to get 144hz, my monitor is a benq xl2411p.
My question is: is there any problem with using dvi? cons etc, i am scared of it not working, my resolution is 1920x1080...Thanks!!!

Solution
So how do i know if my audio is going to work? and i have a hdmi that im using that only supports 90hz, is that normal? And 1 last thing i saw a guy that have this monitor and he haves a problem that when he puts like 144hz its all blurry, will i have that problem? thanks!
Could be your hdmi cable is only v1.4 spec that will limit the capability, plenty of cheap cables out there have seen plenty of probs as well with them. My son has a 1070ti using dual-dvi on his 144hz no problem or blur at all. If you mean motion blur in games, I always disable that in the game options, not a big fan of it.

For your audio, just use your motherboard audio out to speakers or headphones, or if you have a usb headphone/speaker that is...
Jul 28, 2020
dvi dual link is just fine for 1080/144, hdmi only advantage is audio but limited to 120hz - so IMO dual-link is the best bet for 144hz with whatever audio out the board supports.
So how do i know if my audio is going to work? and i have a hdmi that im using that only supports 90hz, is that normal? And 1 last thing i saw a guy that have this monitor and he haves a problem that when he puts like 144hz its all blurry, will i have that problem? thanks!

Could be your hdmi cable is only v1.4 spec that will limit the capability, plenty of cheap cables out there have seen plenty of probs as well with them. My son has a 1070ti using dual-dvi on his 144hz no problem or blur at all. If you mean motion blur in games, I always disable that in the game options, not a big fan of it.

For your audio, just use your motherboard audio out to speakers or headphones, or if you have a usb headphone/speaker that is probably better - some also can use digital/optical input if your motherboard has the proper output. Need some more details on what you are connecting up for sound to recommend the best connection for it...

Solution