Question Are there any modern old cases?

Hi,so,i've always been a fan of those old cases packed with features,like 4 or more usb ports,power/reset button,headphone/mic jack,optical drive,etc..
But,a lot of them lack modern features,since they were popular in 2010's ofcourse.Also ofcourse they need to be instock,or i will have to be lucky to find them on used market.
Any ideas,suggestions?
Im not the biggest fan of rgb vomit outside of components,i dont really like rgb case fans that much (although i would mind one QUALITY rgb fan in the front),or case rgb,just components,if that makes sense.
Something with a design from 2010,but has modern features,like psu shroud (isnt 100% necessary since i dont have a modular psu),solid airflow,cable managing routes,solid amount of space,preferably a glass side panel (but i can mod that and make my own),etc..
Sry if im to hard to understand xD
And thanks in advance as always

Edit: something like this https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/legacy-products/cases/haf-x/

Last edited:
Decade old cases usually had PSU mounted at top side and huge combined 5.25" and 3.5" drive compartment at front side. Cases itself was narrow because stock CPU coolers was more popular at that era. Which made them not very convenient for today because most known good CPU coolers simply are too tall and cases usually lack space for front intake fans.

One of notable simple and "invisible" (under table) cases for era from a decade ago was Antec Three Hundred. Enough space for ATX motherboard, 28 cm long GPU cards, three 5.25" drives and six 3.5" drives (or 2.5" drives in 3.5" mounts). Two USB 2.0 and headphone + mic sockets at front panel - usual in that era. Still good features from modern standards are PSU already at bottom out of heat coming from CPU. And mounts for two 12 cm front fans. 14 cm intake fan at top and 12 cm back fan for blowing out hot air already included was nice features too. Plus case already had easy removable air filters at top and front sides. I had this case for 11 years. If it would allow 18 cm tall CPU fan, probably would kept it still at today.

Reactions: Dj0gany
Decade old cases usually had PSU mounted at top side and huge combined 5.25" and 3.5" drive compartment at front side. Cases itself was narrow because stock CPU coolers was more popular at that era. Which made them not very convenient for today because most known good CPU coolers simply are too tall and cases usually lack space for front intake fans.

One of notable simple and "invisible" (under table) cases for era from a decade ago was Antec Three Hundred. Enough space for ATX motherboard, 28 cm long GPU cards, three 5.25" drives and six 3.5" drives (or 2.5" drives in 3.5" mounts). Two USB 2.0 and headphone + mic sockets at front panel - usual in that era. Still good features from modern standards are PSU already at bottom out of heat coming from CPU. And mounts for two 12 cm front fans. 14 cm intake fan at top and 12 cm back fan for blowing out hot air already included was nice features too. Plus case already had easy removable air filters at top and front sides. I had this case for 11 years. If it would allow 18 cm tall CPU fan, probably would kept it still at today.
The big downside is the white metal color,i just cant imagine a case with white interior in my setup,it looks nice and has tons if airflow,but i would like a more futuristis and big case.
The HAF X has 190mm cpu height tolerance,and i was planning to buy the 212 evo rgb edition,to match the fans.
Also,i saw that the side panel can be moded (or should i say replaced) for a clean glass one,which i am planning to do.
I will buy some case fans also.
I also like the little psu shroud thingy,really useful for hiding cables,as you can see here.
I dont think im going to replaced the fan in the front,230mm fans are hard to find,atleast in my country,plus it looks sick.
2x200mm fans on top,1x 140mm at the rear,the big one in front is more than enough for me.
Im just dissapointed in myself that i havent found the HAF X case before i bought the RAIDMAX NEON RGB trash,thank you for your suggestions.
Any other recommendations from you?

Interior color doesn't matter if case does not have translucent side plates. I see you already found your case ;)
Its that clear,huh xD
I fell in love when i've first seen this thing.
I wanted something that doesnt care how big of components you put in it,its still going to have space for more.
It is 15kg heavy.
That is heavier than me bruh
I just like how it will take up half of my desk when i put it on the desk : )
I plan to mod it,i already posted a thread here,feel free to share your ideas.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Fractal Design Define series. The R5 has the optical, ports, fan switch, interchangeable drive bays, No RGB, black out versions or mix black/white accents, fits 140mm fans, 280mm rads in top or front, as does the R6. Can also get solid sides, acrylic window or tempered glass versions.

Seriously good case for a plain Jane square box with a door that's changeable from left-right opening and psu dust filter that pulls out from the front.

Fractal Design Define series. The R5 has the optical, ports, fan switch, interchangeable drive bays, No RGB, black out versions or mix black/white accents, fits 140mm fans, 280mm rads in top or front, as does the R6. Can also get solid sides, acrylic window or tempered glass versions.

Seriously good case for a plain Jane square box with a door that's changeable from left-right opening and psu dust filter that pulls out from the front.
I was thinking about the fractal ones until i saw the 150$ price tag in my country.I just cant afford fo spend 150$ on a case.
I found the haf x for 50$ used,so i think im going to pick that.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi Djoza,
No suggestions from my side.. but I just couldn't resist to comment :)
It's interesting how our taste about "good looking" PC case can differ. Yeah, that Cooler Master case (your 1st post) has quite a "retro" look, to put it mild. Kinda reminds me on "transformers" movie LOL.
I hope you don't get my comment wrong.. glad you found what you wished for, and only that matters. Won't be easy to clean that front panel, though... :)

Hi Djoza,
No suggestions from my side.. but I just couldn't resist to comment :)
It's interesting how our taste about "good looking" PC case can differ. Yeah, that Cooler Master case (your 1st post) has quite a "retro" look, to put it mild. Kinda reminds me on "transformers" movie LOL.
I hope you don't get my comment wrong.. glad you found what you wished for, and only that matters. Won't be easy to clean that front panel, though... :)
Exactly,i wanted something that is big,has tons of airflow,and just has that retro look of a big/quality and expensive case.
My first thought was to buy the Helios from ASUS,but when you see that the price tag on one of those is more than half of my pc,i changed my mind really quick xD
Some people like just pure rgb,but i prefer the more 'professional' look if that makes sense.
That doesnt mean i dont like RGB,i just preffer good quality over looks.
HAF X has 4 fans preinstalled.
The 230mm one in the front which i will be keeping and i hope it lights up in RED,to follow my pc theme.
It has 1x140mm in the back which i will ofcourse be keeping,1x200mm on the top and 1x200mm (i think its 200mm i gotta check) on the side panel.
Im going to be moving that one from the side panel,to the top since i think it will be more effective that way imo.
So 1 big boy in the front,2x200mm on the top,and 1 on the rear.
I think it will be more than enough to keep a 10th gen cpu (potentially 11th gen still havent decided yet) and a r9 380 cool.
One thing i want to do is replace the side panel,for a clear tempered glass one.
I already posted a thread here about it,and while it is solved,im always opened to suggestions :)
Thank you for your comment and i will probably have a hard time cleaning this thing when it first arrives (im buying it used for 55$ ~ seems like a reasonable price).

Edit: I still have 2 unnaswered questions,so if you want to solve them,i will kindly appreciate that.
I mean i already know (or atleast think) the VGPU mount will work,but im still open to suggestions and ideas for modding.
HAF X is too big of a case for 1 man,who wants to mod it to the fullest.
Thanks again for ur comment :)

TRENDING THREADS