Question Are these black bars on the side, top, and a tiny bit on the bottom intentional? How do I fill the whole thing in.?

Feb 28, 2024
I just got a new monitor and was checking it out when I saw these black bars on the side, top, and a tiny bit on the bottom. They look like should be part of the screen as if it should fill them in too. They are not part of the bezels. I think I remember seeing this on my old monitor two.

My monitor: Asrock PG34WQ15R2B

(this is not my image. Just found this on the store page)

you can see what I'm talking about in some parts, some parts of it are too dark the see the actual bezels.

d1a55864911459e78ad28ba9103b100c1daa0b6877fa00c00229995f1518b297.jpg

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
What are you pairing this with? Is the output of that device capable of the resolution?

Just about the only time I have run into that was either the host device couldn't resolve the resolution, or often with TV sets that have a strange screen size as opposed to it's supposed resolution.

You may be able to open the control panel for your hardware and set a manual resolution and/or the monitor itself may have an adjustment within it's own controls.

Feb 28, 2024
What are you pairing this with? Is the output of that device capable of the resolution?

Just about the only time I have run into that was either the host device couldn't resolve the resolution, or often with TV sets that have a strange screen size as opposed to it's supposed resolution.

You may be able to open the control panel for your hardware and set a manual resolution and/or the monitor itself may have an adjustment within it's own controls.
Sorry, just two clariffy, the bars air like half an inch thick. They're not super thick. I've looked into changing the resolution and stuff and my computer is well-capable.