Are these fans good?

sainsburyambrose

Commendable
Sep 18, 2017
Hi I am thinking of getting 2 of these fans (https://www.amazon.co.uk/quiet-Pure-Wings-BL046-3-Pin/dp/B00ECWKD6I/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1507709348&sr=8-7&keywords=be+quiet) for my PC case (http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/carbide-series-300r-compact-pc-gaming-case) Are these any good, do you recommend any other for a similar price? I already have 2 default case fans, front and back of the case but it is a little too hot atm. Where should I place these new fans. thank you in advance.

Solution
That's a tower type cooler. The fan on the front will blow most of its air directly through the fins and it's exhaust is goin to be pointed right at the rear exhaust port on the case. You you will most definitely want a fan at that port, so most of that exhaust gets picked up and shoved right out the case. You'll also want a fan above, usually in the back slot. This way you have the 2x fans up front pushing air in and 2x fans opposite pushing heat out.

I'd put the stock fans in front. Our of the 2, they are noisier than the beQuiet fans. Most of the sound will be inside, and get lost in the case. The beQuiet on exhaust are very quiet, so there's little sound actually escaping the case...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, those are decent fans.

For me, it depends on your cpu cooler. If you have a stock/downdraft type cooler then I'd move both original fans on a splitter at the front, and use both the beQuiet fans on a splitter at top exhaust. Heat rises, it doesn't like to bend sideways 90° for a rear exhaust, better to go up and out.
If you have a tower type cpu cooler, the exhaust from that is pointed directly at the rear exhaust port, so better to use a beQuiet there, and the second at the rear top. Both on same splitter again. This provides a more centralized draw, so benefits airflow directly.

Yes it is a good fan. Also consider Corsair AF120.

I used to have the 300R. I kept the rear fan but moved the front fan down. Then I added a Noctua 140mm fan to front (above the Corsair) cuz it pushes more air. Then I added a rear top fan. This helped to keep things pretty cool while kicking out the CPU heat. The 300R supports front 140mm fans. I like 140mm cuz it pushes the same or more air but at lower rpm speeds.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator

Pure Wings are great fans , my son has them in his VADER build.

sainsburyambrose

Commendable
Sep 18, 2017

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/cwPzK8/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk009 That is my cpu cooler, does this change anything.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That's a tower type cooler. The fan on the front will blow most of its air directly through the fins and it's exhaust is goin to be pointed right at the rear exhaust port on the case. You you will most definitely want a fan at that port, so most of that exhaust gets picked up and shoved right out the case. You'll also want a fan above, usually in the back slot. This way you have the 2x fans up front pushing air in and 2x fans opposite pushing heat out.

I'd put the stock fans in front. Our of the 2, they are noisier than the beQuiet fans. Most of the sound will be inside, and get lost in the case. The beQuiet on exhaust are very quiet, so there's little sound actually escaping the case.

Solution

sainsburyambrose

Commendable
Sep 18, 2017

thank you very much this is very helpful.