[SOLVED] Are these good prebuilts to get?

Feb 2, 2022
So I want to buy a pc and I'm not sure which one is better.Im deciding between pc 1 and pc 2.
Furthermore, if you think these aren't very good then feel free to send a link to a pc you think is good with a reason why the choices I have picked are bad.

Solution
First, I'm curious as to your monitor's refresh rate. At 1680x1050, I'm assuming that it is a fixed, 60Hz refresh rate. That's about 85% of the number of pixels in a 1920x1080 monitor.

If you run across performance reviews of the RX570, they'll typically show the performance of 1920x1080, so you can assume that at 1680x1050, your frame rates will be about 17% higher, give or take.

Both of those computers you listed have a GPU that's well beyond what's needed to get 60fps at your resolution.

For the games you're playing, are you having trouble reaching that performance level? I would think that the RX 570 8GB could probably manage it, and I suspect that the CPU might be the limiting factor. Maybe RAM as well. How much RAM does...

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Plus, the redirects don't work correctly sometimes for people outside of whichever country's link you have.

ie: I'm in the US, and I could see the first one, but the second one looks like it chopped up the URL and put it into the Amazon search bar, rather than linking to a specific item.

EDIT: now even the first one is doing the same thing.

Feb 2, 2022
Basically I want to buy a better pc and so far have found 2 pcs that look pretty decent imo.

Pc1: i5 9400F 4.1Ghz SIX Core CPU/Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB / 16GB 2400MHz / 240GB SSD + 1TB HDD/ / 600 Wifi/Windows 10

Pc2: Ryzen 3600 | RTX 2060 6GB Graphics Card | 16GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD | 550W PSU Bronze Rated | WIFI | Windows 10

If you think these are not good then can you provide a reason why and possibly link a prebuilt that is under £1000 that you think is better.

i wouldn't purchase anything that doesn't include detailed information as to the exact make & model of each individual component.
you get low quality everything but the CPU & GPU and this system won't last long even if it does perform somewhat okay.

what are your plans for this future system?

if gaming; what particular games are you interested in, what resolution will you be using, what frame rates do you hope to achieve, and what settings do you hope to use in these games(ultra, high, medium, low, etc)?
I want to buy a better pc
what do you currently have?
include detailed specifications of all components.

Reactions: King_V
Feb 2, 2022
My plans for it is to use it to do gaming/work.
I'm not really interested in specific games, I play quite a few different games. I will be using 1680 x 1050.I hope to achieve above 60 fps on lots of games.Im hoping to atleast be able to get above 60 fps on high. The pc's i linked above are for £900.I am after a pc that costs around £900.

I currently have a very old pc that i have upgraded a bit it has fx 6300 and a rx 570 8gb ram.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
First, I'm curious as to your monitor's refresh rate. At 1680x1050, I'm assuming that it is a fixed, 60Hz refresh rate. That's about 85% of the number of pixels in a 1920x1080 monitor.

If you run across performance reviews of the RX570, they'll typically show the performance of 1920x1080, so you can assume that at 1680x1050, your frame rates will be about 17% higher, give or take.

Both of those computers you listed have a GPU that's well beyond what's needed to get 60fps at your resolution.

For the games you're playing, are you having trouble reaching that performance level? I would think that the RX 570 8GB could probably manage it, and I suspect that the CPU might be the limiting factor. Maybe RAM as well. How much RAM does your system have?

You might try running a performance monitor, that will show you the CPU and GPU utilization in real-time, while playing the games you want. The Radeon drivers have that built in, so you can bring up an overlay. It shows CPU and GPU utilization, RAM and VRAM usage, temperature, etc.

The results will likely be different for each game. But you can check whether you're seeing the GPU, CPU, or RAM being maxed out a lot of the time, and that will tell you where your weak link is in the system.

My guess right now is that the GPU is probably up to the task, but you might be running short of RAM, or the CPU might be a limiting factor.

If the GPU is NOT the limiting factor, then getting a budget system WITHOUT an add-in GPU, and carrying over your RX 570, could be the way to go. But knowing how much RAM you have, and getting some info on what's getting maxxed out while gaming, would help.

BUT... if you have plans to upgrade your monitor anytime soon, that throws this equation out the window.

Solution
The pc's i linked above are for £900...
If you think these are not good then can you provide a reason why
those are both using pretty low quality CPUs compared to what's available today for comparable prices,
2400MHz is very slow memory,
and that power supply description probably relates to more of a fire hazard than the heart of a good system considering what most generic pre-builts usually include.

you should be looking for something with the i5-12400F,
an AMD RX 5 or 6000 / Nvidia RTX 2 or 3000 graphics card,
at least 3200MHz memory,
and a respectable reliable power supply.
but most pre-built distributors don't offer that much option for custom configurations.

for the price you're looking for you won't find much that's fit for modern gaming.
maybe a 3-4 year old system that a distributor is looking to get rid of for cheap.
which by your stated use may actually be perfect for you.

your best option would really be to contact a local shop and talk to them about what you're looking for and the budget you have available.
they can order specific parts for you and will offer in-house support vs having to go through the hassle of online customer support and shipping costs.

Feb 2, 2022
those are both using pretty low quality CPUs compared to what's available today for comparable prices,
2400MHz is very slow memory,
and that power supply description probably relates to more of a fire hazard than the heart of a good system considering what most generic pre-builts usually include.

you should be looking for something with the i5-12400F,
an AMD RX 5 or 6000 / Nvidia RTX 2 or 3000 graphics card,
at least 3200MHz memory,
and a respectable reliable power supply.
but most pre-built distributors don't offer that much option for custom configurations.

for the price you're looking for you won't find much that's fit for modern gaming.
maybe a 3-4 year old system that a distributor is looking to get rid of for cheap.
which by your stated use may actually be perfect for you.

your best option would really be to contact a local shop and talk to them about what you're looking for and the budget you have available.
they can order specific parts for you and will offer in-house support vs having to go through the hassle of online customer support and shipping costs.

I think your talking about people who spend 1000+ on pcs because my current pc which costed 300 has memory that runs at 1066mhz so imo 2400mhz is not slow. Also both of the links i put for £900 features the 2060 in the build which fits your criteria.I also have a 750 watt psu in my current pc which is faster than the original ones.

In addition, if you could link any prebuilts that are around £900 that you think are good then that would be appreciated.

both of the links i put for £900 features the 2060 in the build which fits your criteria
and that is the only criteria it fits out of multiple.
also have a 750 watt psu in my current pc which is faster than the original ones.
what do you mean "faster"?
power supplies do not run at any rated speed.
they only provide voltage, as in power.

and the low quality models that usually come with a lot of cheaper pre-builts are dangerous to use because at best they may only damage the connected components, at worst burn down your house.
the two you posted come with decent models for low end systems but a lot of the time they will not.
I think your talking about people who spend 1000+ on pcs...
imo 2400mhz is not slow...
I will be using 1680 x 1050. I hope to achieve above 60 fps on lots of games
your best option would be to contact a local shop and talk to them about what you're looking for and the budget you have available.
or just go to a local department store with an electronics department and buy some basic gaming unit.
many of them will come with a half-decent graphics card these days.
you will be much better off dealing with local retailers than any online support offered by the majority of pre-built system distributors.
and you really don't seem to be looking for anything that would require any latest hardware or seem to care much about modern performance.

Feb 2, 2022
So im thinking of buying a pc and I have £1000.I saw this pc and it looks pretty decent for the price.

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 12400f
GPU: Rtx 2060 6gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660M DS3H
RAM: Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) 3200Mhz DDR4
SSD:Adata SU630 480GB SSD
and a 600W PSU.

It cots £1063.Is it a decent price for the hardware inside or not?

Feb 2, 2022
decent build if it includes a nice power supply.
600w doesn't tell us anything.
if it's just some generic or cheap junk it will be jeopardizing the entire build and everything connected to it.

the case it includes and the CPU cooler are also important.

It doesn't say much about the PSU.It says its the intel stock cooler. the case is the AWD patriot.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Unfortunately, prebuilts don't say much about their PSUs. It might be possible to ask the vendor for the specifics.. hopefully you don't get some kind of generic answer.

It's generally a good idea to assume that you'll want to budget for a new PSU when buying a prebuilt, assuming the rest of the parts make the system worthwhile.

says its the intel stock cooler
i assume you are planning this for some decent gaming.
you will also want to include some budget for a better CPU cooler.
case is the AWD patriot
i've seen a few images of these but don't remember the full layout in detail.
from what i remember they have no top ventilation, no bottom ventilation, no side ventilation.
just decent front intake vents and a 120mm rear exhaust fan/vent.
adding a nice Noctua NF-12 iPPC or chromax to the rear could really help with overall heat dissipation.

while you could do much better this may be adequate for a warmer low-mid tier gaming build.