are these motherboards compatible with GTX 1060 gpu?

yehya.hamzawy

Honorable
Jul 24, 2018
currently i have a zotac gtx 1060 6GB AMP! graphics card, and i need a motherboard that is compatible with it. these are my options:
GA-H61M-S2PT
GA-H81M-S2PV
gigabyte P61A-D3

if they are all compatible, which one should i get?

yehya.hamzawy

Honorable
Jul 24, 2018

well i read that the card requires a motherboard that supports UEFI bios and bunch of other stuff, and im not sure if these motherboards support UEFI and all other stuff that the card require to work it.

mirror's edge is my favorite game too btw :)

Philballer17

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009

Where did you read that at? Sources?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Philballer is right.

All Nvidia cards run hybrid bios and are compatible for both legacy and uefi boot tables. Alot of people including me are running these cards on legacy bios motherboards and even on older lga775.

There can be issues with oem boards (not always) having limited bios support but most custom boards should be fine.

Another problem can arrise if Windows was installed using uefi boot and stick a non uefi gpu in like a gtx 6 series then a blank screen is had. Uefi support began from gtx 7 series.

yehya.hamzawy

Honorable
Jul 24, 2018

well my current board as i was told it not compatible (IPISB-CH2)
you can read all about it in a previous thread here: http://
i also read that my board may not support 1060 but supports 1070 which i cant understand.

i bought my pc which had windows 7 installed and upgraded it to windows 10, the graphics card installed was AMD 5450 HD at the time. so can that be part of the problem? based on what i understood from your answer.

yehya.hamzawy

Honorable
Jul 24, 2018

as i suspected at first when i faced the problem. i should have built the pc from 0 instead of buying a used one from a workstation. i was always told that i can get an old PC, upgrade the PSU and GPU and set to go. i guess i thought it was all too simple that there could be no problems and research was not necessary

TRENDING THREADS