Question are these signs for a dead pcie or gpu

Alquist

Commendable
Jul 18, 2022
I have a RX 470 that is giving black screen (no signal) with its fan going full blast but it doesn't go full blast at all times its like 2 times per 5 reboot. before that it would only work for a short period of time like 30 minutes only if its underclocked. Back to main problem, I plugged the monitor to onboard graphics while the gpu is seated to see if I get any image, weirdly I did but it was in lower resolution . Is there anyone that knows its possibly a sign of something? Coming to the testing it on another pc, im not able to do that as of now.

BaseBoard Product H81H3-M4
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16,0 GB
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460
Gpu XFX RX 470 Triple X

Solution
What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? BIOS version for your motherboard? If you want to rule out your board with a faulty slot, drop in another GPU of much lower TDP to see if the issue persists. If you suspect the GPU itself, drop it onto a known working platform/motherboard and see if the issue persists.
tested it on another rig, same thing. I think its time for it to sleep unfortunately.

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? BIOS version for your motherboard? If you want to rule out your board with a faulty slot, drop in another GPU of much lower TDP to see if the issue persists. If you suspect the GPU itself, drop it onto a known working platform/motherboard and see if the issue persists.

Alquist

Commendable
Jul 18, 2022
tested it on another rig, same thing. I think its time for it to sleep unfortunately.

Solution