Are these specs good for a gaming PC?

jadeaudrey

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Hello, I was wondering if these computer specs are good for gaming? Because I am looking into building my own gaming desktop from Xidax.
Here are the specs:

-Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming Motherboard

Processor Intel® Quad Core™ i7-4790 Processor

32 GB Memory

Power Supply Corsair 750W

Graphics AMD Radeon R9 280X Graphics Card - 3GB GDDR5

GPU OC Overclocked Graphics Card - 1 Card

LED Fans Premium Green LED Fans

CPU Paste Premium CPU Thermal Paste - Lower Temps 5-10° C

GPU Paste Standard Graphics Card Thermal Paste

Cooling Xidax 570LX CPU Cooler

Thanks for the help!

lefterov91

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014
Hello, I think is better to change the mobo, in internet I readed many post where talk to MSI is very bad and he make defects. I think is better to buy ASUS or Gigabyte mobo. The memory 32GB for gaming is too much 2x8GB is enought. The gpu too AMD on Intel based configuration I don't think is good idea, is better to buy nVidia GTX970 or GTX980 if you have enought money. Another I think is good.

Sub-Human

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014
That's too much memory, bump it down to 8 GB. You can always add an extra 8 GB for a total of 16 later on should you choose to.

Your processor could also be reduced to an i5, you'd be saving yourself $140 which you can put towards a better graphics card.

I visited the site but couldn't find the exact model you were building, could you give me the link? I haven't had any experience with PC builders myself but I'm sure they add in all sorts of expensive stuff you probably won't need plus extra costs. Might wanna consider just buying the parts yourself - you get extra choice as well?

TRENDING THREADS