[SOLVED] Are those ram sticks compatible?

Apr 20, 2020
In my PC I have a crucial ballistix sport AT 1x 8GB DDR4 2666mhz CL16 and I was thinking to upgrade with an other 8GB stick; is it ok if I use a crucial ballistix sport LT 1x 8GB DDR4 2666mhz CL16?... the only difference between them is the initials AT and LT and i'm not sure if they are fully compatible, can you help me?

Solution
In my PC I have a crucial ballistix sport AT 1x 8GB DDR4 2666mhz CL16 and I was thinking to upgrade with an other 8GB stick; is it ok if I use a crucial ballistix sport LT 1x 8GB DDR4 2666mhz CL16?... the only difference between them is the initials AT and LT and i'm not sure if they are fully compatible, can you help me?

No one can answer that question since RAM compatibility is more or less random. RAM is sold in matching pairs that are tested from the factory to work. The best chance of having RAM work without issues is to buy the exact same model as whats already in your system, but again no guarantee it will work without issue.

No one can answer that question since RAM compatibility is more or less random. RAM is sold in matching pairs that are tested from the factory to work. The best chance of having RAM work without issues is to buy the exact same model as whats already in your system, but again no guarantee it will work without issue.

Solution

mangaman

Honorable
Sometimes matching RAM works, and other times it does not. Your best bet is to either find an exact matching RAM stick, or just buy a pair of 2x4gb RAM sticks. You can always sell the left over one 8gb stick on eBay or a computer store.

Latest posts