[SOLVED] Are tn monitors easier on eyes?

Mar 25, 2021
Are TN monitors easier on eyes? I am planning to replace my new monitor because it is giving me headache as my eyes hurts. This never happens before when i was using my old tn monitor. I wonder if its because of the ips or it is just because of the quality of the lights of my current monitor. However my Android phone also has ips led screen which i can use 8 hrs without having a headache.

Should i get an eye care ips or tn monitor?
Are android phones ips screen different compared to desktop monitors?

Solution
Are TN monitors easier on eyes? I am planning to replace my new monitor because it is giving me headache as my eyes hurts. This never happens before when i was using my old tn monitor. I wonder if its because of the ips or it is just because of the quality of the lights of my current monitor. However my Android phone also has ips led screen which i can use 8 hrs without having a headache.

The problem is not that is being an IPS monitor.

When buying a monitor make sure that the specs sheet mention “flicker-free”.

Other than that, it can be that you’ve loaded a profile that’s not the best that your monitor can...

PrivilegeYT

Distinguished
It really depends, when you say "easier on the eyes" are you referring to the amount of blue light? If so, no matter what type of panel you get you will receive bluelight. You brought up your mobile device, which also emits blue light but less of it considering the screen size

Endre

Reputable

The problem is not that is being an IPS monitor.

When buying a monitor make sure that the specs sheet mention “flicker-free”.

Other than that, it can be that you’ve loaded a profile that’s not the best that your monitor can offer.
Try switching to the most default-ish profile that the monitor has.

Reactions: Jei0829 and Krotow
Solution