[SOLVED] Are USB Drivers Needed?

blackop

Distinguished
May 4, 2012
Thanks in advance!

Just did a clean install of Windows 10 V. 2004. As usual, Windows has downloaded all of my drivers for me. The chipset, GPU, Sound, etc... The only devices in Device Manager which show MS as being the provider are for my USB ports on my motherboard. Each listing in Device Manager is named after the company: Asmedia, Intel. So do I really need to install the manufacturer's USB drivers? It's running fine as it is and I'm getting good speeds.

Thanks!

ASUS Z-170 Pro-Gaming
Intel Core i5 6500
Intel HD 530 GPU
8GB G.Skill RAM
Samsung EVO 850 250GB SATA
LG 29" 2K Ultrawide Monitor
Corsair 600 Watt PSU
Windows 10 V. 2004

Solution
Just make Shure windows is up to date if you still have any problems go in the control panel and preform system maintenance you shouldn't need the manufacturers drivers windows useully finds decent ones

eibelbilly

Proper
May 6, 2020
Just make Shure windows is up to date if you still have any problems go in the control panel and preform system maintenance you shouldn't need the manufacturers drivers windows useully finds decent ones

Solution

blackop

Distinguished
May 4, 2012

Thanks! That's what I thought. The drivers Windows installs are dated this year. So they're pretty recent. And 99% are from the manufacturer.