[SOLVED] Are wireless keyboards secure?

Nov 8, 2019
Dear Community,

I would like to ask a question on the security of wireless keyboards. As far as I am aware, there are two types of wireless connectivity. A wireless keyboard can be connected using RF technology with the help of a USB dongle or using Bluetooth if both, your device and the peripheral support it. Similarly to a wireless network, there might be vulnerabilities. I personally own a Bluetooth keyboard and I do not know of the exact version it is using, however, I read that Bluetooth uses encryption. Because I find it more convenient to use wireless peripherals, should I be afraid of keyloggers? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
Security is always a game of probabilities. What is the probability that YOU would be targeted? Do you use this is your own home or in a densely populated public setting like a full cafe?
Generally the probabilities are VERY low, not zero but very low. Unless you have a specific person that might target you, I wouldn't worry about it. There are easier ways.

kanewolf

Titan
Security is always a game of probabilities. What is the probability that YOU would be targeted? Do you use this is your own home or in a densely populated public setting like a full cafe?
Generally the probabilities are VERY low, not zero but very low. Unless you have a specific person that might target you, I wouldn't worry about it. There are easier ways.

Solution
Nov 8, 2019

I agree, there might be a bigger chance of you getting spyware than being tracked by someone outside your house. And as @USAFRet said, it is probably not a good idea to use it somewhere in the public and that is pretty much the same thing about connecting to a public WiFi network.