Are you into Videography or Photography?

KinkyGTA

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016
Photography is and has been my main hobby for as far back as I was big enough to hold a camera. Now that the current crop of DSLR's also take excellent quality video, I'm starting to dabble in that too.

No_xp_STRAT

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
For me it is a definitely a hobby. I need to figure out good process and groove when it comes time to compile crop and edit.

The world of art and content creation is more accessible than ever.

Gustavo Woltman

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
I am into Photography. It is my hobby. I brought Canon 70D from my savings. I am not an expert.
I am watching YouTube Videos to learn basic Photography. I got some basic idea about Aperture, ISO, Focal length etc.
My main model is my friend.

I still enjoy it as a hobby. As long as it continues to be a challenge and with something more to learn I will keep at it. Experimentation with the shots to figure out what works and what doesn't is half the fun. Besides that you might stumble upon something you had not thought of before.

OldScattered

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
I like photography better for a lot of reasons. When you take a picture there's something that feels more permanent about it than film, like capturing a moment. Video is too fluid. It also uses a lot more computer resources which I don't really care for. I like things simple.

pettopost

Prominent
Oct 1, 2017
I am into photography as a hobby. I invested in a pretty good camera a while back and took some classes here and there. I usually take my camera with me wherever I go and have just recently got into editing photos too!

I took a lot of pictures prior to going to high school. I remember how excited I was to have saved enough money for my first camera. I got on my bicycle and rode to K-Mart (not exactly a camera store I know) to get a 110 film camera. If I am not misktaken it was a Kodak and used those square flash cubes. I too thought Iwanted to do it profesissionally. I got every photography magazine I could get my hands on. The passion is back now and I would love the opportunity to do more sports photography.

Olle P

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
In my early teens I was an avid hobby photographer. Highly active in the local photo club, took a fair amount of pictures and spent many hours in the dark room.
In my later teens I got in touch (and involved) with a group of friends that did short films as a hobby. Most of our spare time got film-centric: Making film, watching film, showing film.
It was very fun to write scripts, gather and make props and costumes, and then eventually make it into a finished film on a shoestring budget!
When I got to university I stopped making films, but kept taking pictures and also showing (35mm cinematic) film in the student's film club.
My last major photography event was a trip to China in April 2000. Took eleven rolls of film in about as many days and had them all ordered in triple copies plus digital format!
When I became a father almost two years later I had to replace the camera bag with a bag of diapers and other essential baby stuff, and by then digital cameras were becoming main stream.
Now I don't take many pictures, but I do know how to do it when needed, and my daughter has just began with photography as a class in school...

wjkenyon

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
I'm actually looking to into photography for a hobby. I've always had an interest in as well as computer graphic art so it would be nice to create something from scratch that is totally mine.