Question Argb fan question

Dec 17, 2019
Hey guys, I've never used argb fans before so I'm not entirely sure how this works.

I have the ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) motherboard. It has two 3-pin addressable gen 2 headers. I have one coolermaster MasterFan SF120R argb, and four Masterfan MF200R fans. I was looking to buy this 1 to 5 argb splitter from CM.

So my questions is, do I just plug the fans into the splitter, then plug the splitter directly to my motherboard? Will I be able to control the lighting that way, or do I need an argb fan controller? Are controllers just for motherboards that don't have the proper headers?

I know CM has masterplus+, but ASUS has Aura. Can I use either one to control lighting?

Also, the motherboard has two 4-pin AURA rgb headers. Are these for LED strips?

Any help is appreciated.

The CoolermasterRGB fans also work with Asus Aura so just plug the splitter into the Mobo and the connect the fans. The Asus Aura controller can be downloaded from Asus and is an easy to use tool. I have a very similar setup with RGB fans from Corsair on a Asus ROG x470 board.

Cheers

Dec 17, 2019
The CoolermasterRGB fans also work with Asus Aura so just plug the splitter into the Mobo and the connect the fans. The Asus Aura controller can be downloaded from Asus and is an easy to use tool. I have a very similar setup with RGB fans from Corsair on a Asus ROG x470 board.

Cheers

Thanks for the response. So, I have the coolermaster H500M case which has an argb fan controller built in. The controller has 2 connectors but in the instructions it says, "argb signal output x 2, max output 2A per connector. The max output of all argb fan connectors is 3A.

The 200mm fans are rated at 0.3A and the 120mm fan is rated at 0.54A (I assume I'm supposed to be looking at the fan safety current for the amps), which puts me at 1.74A for all 5. Does that mean I can use a splitter for the 5 fans across the 2 connectors on the controller?