Question ARGB not working? Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh, ASUS TUF Gaming x570-plus wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2020
After a lot of reading various posts, I still cannot figure this out. The title mentions the two components in question. I am trying to get the RGB in the 3 front fans that come with the Lancool 2 to sync with my motherboard. The fans are connected with power through SATA and to the motherboard through the 3 pin ARGB connector (I've checked this connection twice). There are two buttons on the case, one for color, one for mode. According to the manual you need to be in the 8th mode setting for the ARGB from the mobo to control the fans, but when I go on that mode, it's just black. The ARGB even shows up in Armoury Crate, Asus's RGB software, however, when I configure it, nothing happens.
All the other color modes work, it just seems like something is wrong in either the software for the ARGB or the connection itself. I tried looking at the other end of the ARGB connector but it seemed like it was solidly plugged in.
Any ideas?

Reactions: King044

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
it just seems like something is wrong in either the software for the ARGB
Any ideas?

Also asus rog mobo here. Found that armory crate and asus sync were not very good.. Using icue to control 6 argb fans and 3 other argb devices. Asus sync fought every step of the way. Even asus synce plugin for icue was giving me issues but think I finally fixed it for now until I buy more cables to connect things to commander pro hub. Unistalled armory crate maybe I not give if a fair try but I did try its just the results never worked I gave up.

If you not want to lose all you marbles my suggestion is maybe see if you can't find an rbg setting you like controlled by case controller. Not sure you will be able to find a happy settings thru asus.

Dec 7, 2020
If you not want to lose all you marbles my suggestion is maybe see if you can't find an rbg setting you like controlled by case controller. Not sure you will be able to find a happy settings thru asus.
Yep, I may have to do this. I will try iCue first and let you know how it goes. Thanks :)

EDIT - didn't work :(

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020
Have you found out was the issue is? I just finished my first build, and I'm experiencing the same issue to a T. Go to the 8th mode which should sync it up, and the lights shut off. I also have an ASUS motherboard, and mine shows up as "AddressableHeader" in Armoury Crate. I also can't get it to work in iCue.

I'm not sure if it's a related issue, but the button also doesn't work to turn the lights on/off.

Dec 7, 2020
I looked it up and apparently iCue doesn't work with ASUS ARGB, only normal RGB. The case connects to ARGB only so no way to get it to work with iCue I think. And yeah, same here King044, mine shows up as AddressableHeader but configuring it does nothing.

Dec 8, 2020
Can't get plugin to work?
My motherboard shows up in iCUE, and it's what I have been using to control all RGB for my fans, GPU, and mobo. From this link (Set up ASUS Motherboard integration in iCUE – Corsair), it seems like iCUE can only control a RGB header on a mobo if it's a 12v connection, and the one for the Lancool II Mesh case is a 5v addressable RGB.

The real issue, though, is that the addressable header shows up in Armoury Crate, so it seems to be connected, yet the sync mode on the case does nothing at all.

Dec 8, 2020
I looked it up and apparently iCue doesn't work with ASUS ARGB, only normal RGB. The case connects to ARGB only so no way to get it to work with iCue I think. And yeah, same here King044, mine shows up as AddressableHeader but configuring it does nothing.
Yeah I was going to try contacting Lian Li customer support, but it seems they only have their Taiwan number listed. And to send them a message, you have to input your address, phone number, etc. for some reason.

I'm pretty much just hoping someone comes along that has already dealt with this. I posted on Reddit yesterday as well, so I'll be sure to let you know if I figure it out.

Dec 7, 2020
Yeah I was going to try contacting Lian Li customer support, but it seems they only have their Taiwan number listed. And to send them a message, you have to input your address, phone number, etc. for some reason.

I'm pretty much just hoping someone comes along that has already dealt with this. I posted on Reddit yesterday as well, so I'll be sure to let you know if I figure it out.
That would be so awesome, lmk. I am sure it's not a cable thing because I tried unplugging one of the 3 case fans from that daisy chain and plugging it (as a single fan) into the ARGB header, and it still didn't work. Maybe best bet is buy an ARGB to RGB converter and use with iCue.

Dec 8, 2020
I'm having the same issue, everything is connected, and ASUS Armoury create recognizes the RGB headers as "addressable headers" but do not sync with the case lights.
Yeah I’m still trying to figure out how to fix it. I’ve asked on multiple forums with not many responses, unfortunately. I ended up sending an email to Lian Li about it, so maybe they’ll have an answer.

I’m honestly just glad that I know it’s not just me having this issue.

Reactions: thunderbunker
Dec 8, 2020
@thunderbunker @cygn_s so I asked Lian Li about this issue via their website, and they sent me an entire new controller module for the front case buttons. Switched it out with the one that came with my case, and now the 8th mode is working. A little frustrating that this was the issue but glad they at least responded quickly and sent the new controller in a few days.

Dec 11, 2020
@thunderbunker @cygn_s so I asked Lian Li about this issue via their website, and they sent me an entire new controller module for the front case buttons. Switched it out with the one that came with my case, and now the 8th mode is working. A little frustrating that this was the issue but glad they at least responded quickly and sent the new controller in a few days.

Interesting. I will contact them today and hopefully they send a new one soon. Just wondering (because this is my first PC build), how long did it take to swap out the controller module?

Thanks

Dec 8, 2020
Interesting. I will contact them today and hopefully they send a new one soon. Just wondering (because this is my first PC build), how long did it take to swap out the controller module?

Thanks
This was my first build as well, and it took me about 1.5 hours to swap it out. It was honestly a bit of a pain because it requires unplugging all the cables (Audio, Power, SATA, Fans, etc.). To do that, I had to remove my GPU and a bottom fan, and I had to undo a lot of my cable management on the one side of my case. Getting the old module out and new one in also required that I move my AIO radiator out of the way.

Overall, definitely irritating to have to do, but I thought it’d be worth it because it would’ve irritated me for years if the colors didn’t match up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.