[SOLVED] Argb possible through RGB header?

Sep 27, 2019
Hi all,

I'm new to modding and need some help

I have an Asus Rog strix x470 f gaming MOBO and it only has one ARGB header on it.

This currently has my cooler master controller I got with my case (for the ARGB fans).

I am going to be buying an AIO and will be ARGB aswell.

Not only this but phanteks have some slick new ARGB strips and I'm also swapping to either Corsair ll120 ARGB fans or NZXTs ARGB fans (not.sure which aesthetic I want yet)

I want to check if there is a way to either;

A - Bridge all off.it or as much as I can into the single ARGB header

Or

B - Is there a way to "convert" an RGB header (I think there's 2) into an ARGB header using a controller or other piece of equipment.

I could just be stupid and appreciate anything you guys suggest :)

And has anyone done anything similar with the same MOBO as me?

Solution
How much could I run off a single ARGB header?
And if I used an ARGB controller say with 5 3 pins and plugged it into my MOBO would it matter if the brands are different i.e cooler master, Corsair in one controller or would it have to be all be 1 ecosystem
Those independent controllers are plugged into PSU for power,there's no MB connection that can give enough power. Each one has own power requirements and limits to power draw.
Hi all,

I'm new to modding and need some help

I have an Asus Rog strix x470 f gaming MOBO and it only has one ARGB header on it.

This currently has my cooler master controller I got with my case (for the ARGB fans).

I am going to be buying an AIO and will be ARGB aswell.

Not only this but phanteks have some slick new ARGB strips and I'm also swapping to either Corsair ll120 ARGB fans or NZXTs ARGB fans (not.sure which aesthetic I want yet)

I want to check if there is a way to either;

A - Bridge all off.it or as much as I can into the single ARGB header

Or

B - Is there a way to "convert" an RGB header (I think there's 2) into an ARGB header using a controller or other piece of equipment.

I could just be stupid and appreciate anything you guys suggest :)

And has anyone done anything similar with the same MOBO as me?
A resounding NO conversion but there is bunch of independent controllers for either type.

Sep 27, 2019
And if I used an ARGB controller say with 5 3 pins and plugged it into my MOBO would it matter if the brands are different i.e cooler master, Corsair in one controller or would it have to be all be 1 ecosystem

Those independent controllers are plugged into PSU for power,there's no MB connection that can give enough power. Each one has own power requirements and limits to power draw.

Solution