Review Argon Neo 5 Review: Updating the classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johndoe85

Reputable
Jan 6, 2021
I have this case and regarding to the WiFi performance i am loosing 50mbit of what i had before i got the case.
First i bought the RPI5 and i had it without any case, getting a 250mbit connection speed during file transfers in my local network. After the installation of the RPI5 into the case i'm getting a 200mbit connection.
The RPI5 are at the same location as before, same with the router. No changes what so ever except the case.

Where you get your digits from a 74/75mbit WiFi speed is beyond me. It's way worse than it should be.
Now i have not tested my speeds with iperf, i have tested to transfer files (4gb+ size) over samba. I am USB booting my RPI5 from a ssd drive, and the end location of the file transfer is on a nvme disk (PC).

Feb 14, 2024
It's absolute garbage. The plastic tab for the on-off switch doesn't fit properly, the fan cable needs blu-tack or superglue to keep it in place while trying to screw the base on, and the thermal pads disintegrate on touch. After deciding to bin it, I had to spend 10 minutes dabbing blu-tack around the PMIC to remove the remains of the disintegrated thermal pads.

Reactions: Order 66
Status
Not open for further replies.