News Arm PC Market Share Shrinks: Mercury Research

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
I haven't really followed the Chromebook market, but it seems to me that it's suffered some stagnation. To counter Alder Lake-N, they probably need some A77 or A78 cores in there, but last I checked it seemed like Chromebooks were still using like A72 cores.

I think when Microsoft's exclusivity agreement with Qualcomm ends (next year), the laptop ARM SoC market will become more energized, having some spillover effect on the Chromebook market.

Anyway, I wouldn't make too much of the current dip. If you look at the year-on-year numbers, this is actually the first time it's been down.

Nov 12, 2023
I haven't really followed the Chromebook market, but it seems to me that it's suffered some stagnation. To counter Alder Lake-N, they probably need some A77 or A78 cores in there, but last I checked it seemed like Chromebooks were still using like A72 cores.

I think when Microsoft's exclusivity agreement with Qualcomm ends (next year), the laptop ARM SoC market will become more energized, having some spillover effect on the Chromebook market.

Anyway, I wouldn't make too much of the current dip. If you look at the year-on-year numbers, this is actually the first time it's been down.
Theres atleast one hp chromebook with a kompanio1200, a78 cores.

Reactions: bit_user

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Theres atleast one hp chromebook with a kompanio1200, a78 cores.
That's a fairly recent SoC. It seems that model launched nearly 1 year ago. I can't find it for sale in the US, but a price I found on the 33.8 cm x360 Chromebook in India (incl. taxes) is $540, which is certainly one of the more expensive Chromebooks out there.