ArmA II Zombie Mod DayZ Becomes Standalone Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
I like the idea. I did not like however zombies run at 3x game pace and "one bullet anywhere" kill style. Also would be nice to have single player mode where there are no haters and cheaters that trying to kill others for fun.

Microgoliath

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Been playing this game for a couple of weeks now and its a fresh breeze compared to the other generic crap people release all year.

Personally love that 1 bullet can kill since irl no one will be walking after getting shot by a sniper rifle. Much better than CoD or BF3 where people take 20+ bullets only to turn around and one shot you in the face lol.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Microgoliath[/nom]Been playing this game for a couple of weeks now and its a fresh breeze compared to the other generic crap people release all year.Personally love that 1 bullet can kill since irl no one will be walking after getting shot by a sniper rifle. Much better than CoD or BF3 where people take 20+ bullets only to turn around and one shot you in the face lol.[/citation]

agree and disagree, i take a shot to a limb, so long as im patched up to prevent bleading out if they got a major artery, or re setting a bone if that nailed that, im sure i could live through a gunshot.

also on the body, so long as the heart isnt shot, the spine isnt hit, and a major organ isnt hit, you can survive it the bleeding is prevented. im sure that if i am just clipped on the side and it hits no organ, i will be hurt, but not near death.

granted i dont know the extent of how this system works, but thats just my thoughts on it.

also with cod and bf3, those are games that you dont want to play tactically, otherwise they wouldnt be very fun, or at least not what 10million + people consider fun.

captainblacko

Honorable
May 21, 2012
DayZ gave me the buzz PVP in EVE Online used to give me a few years ago. I love it.

I just hope they spend a little bit more time on character animations and graphics.

johnners2981

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
[citation][nom]captainblacko[/nom]DayZ gave me the buzz PVP in EVE Online used to give me a few years ago. I love it.I just hope they spend a little bit more time on character animations and graphics.[/citation]

Wait until arma 3 comes out, it will look fooking awesome and I'm guessing they'll have dayz using that engine soon enough

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
The one reason i don't play this mod is how chunky and unfriendly the inventory and combat are. Its not the modders fault its the game engines. Hopefully they can fix that with the standalone game. If they do i'll def play it.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I remember firing the Lee Enfield rifle in the largest city in the map. Little did I know it was the loudest weapon in the game, and the zombies were sensitive to noise.

At least I indirectly killed two bandits though. :)

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
i love this mod and am glad its getting its standalone treatment. the only thing that really bugged me about the mod(aside from hackers) is the zombie animations. they jerk around to much, those things are the hardest things to hit unless theyre 3 feet away from you.

Now I really dont know how to feel about THQs The War Z.

Jerom

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Even if I don't care about that particular title it makes me feel good, happy and hopeful for the future of gaming whenever I see a mod evolve into a full standalone game. Best of luck.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Best mod i've ever played. They've already done a good job at fixing the hacker/scripter problems and weird artifacts but considering it's MOD, it's very well done. Many say the game itself is very good (i agree) so don't forget to take a look at it also!

Status
Not open for further replies.