Question Arris ZIPLY fiber NVG578HLX router intermittent reboots

Mar 11, 2024
I have Ziply Fiber gigabit service. For the first year, it was flawless. in the last year, it has been a pain in the rear. Multiple times a day, the router will reboot itself. Wired and Wifi go down. Ziply's config is a fiber to ethernet converter, then ethernet to the router. Its an Arris NVG578HLX . The logs have errors for empty config files, unable to get a MAC address from a device, Invalid key for a specific port, and also invalid key for device /sdb. that sounds like a storage device. They have replaced the router 3 times, and every time they go around and test all the network cabling in the house to make sure there are no issues on my end. At one point I received a call stating it was a "Common Issue in my area" and that it was a simple firmware patch that would correct it. They flashed the patch, and for almost a month there were no more issues, then they started again. What makes it harder to troubleshoot, is when the router reboots, the logs leading up to the reboot/crash are gone and logging starts fresh. To see if its anything in my settings/configuration, i reset the router back to defaults and ran it. no change they are coming back out tomorrow and I insisted they bring a new fiber to ethernet box with them. I have posted on the Arris tech forums, and their tech says they have no info on those and to work with my provider. I would buy my own router, but I am pretty sure that the issues would continue and I'd be out $300. has anyone else had any experience with these?
Thanks

kanewolf

Titan
I have Ziply Fiber gigabit service. For the first year, it was flawless. in the last year, it has been a pain in the rear. Multiple times a day, the router will reboot itself. Wired and Wifi go down. Ziply's config is a fiber to ethernet converter, then ethernet to the router. Its an Arris NVG578HLX . The logs have errors for empty config files, unable to get a MAC address from a device, Invalid key for a specific port, and also invalid key for device /sdb. that sounds like a storage device. They have replaced the router 3 times, and every time they go around and test all the network cabling in the house to make sure there are no issues on my end. At one point I received a call stating it was a "Common Issue in my area" and that it was a simple firmware patch that would correct it. They flashed the patch, and for almost a month there were no more issues, then they started again. What makes it harder to troubleshoot, is when the router reboots, the logs leading up to the reboot/crash are gone and logging starts fresh. To see if its anything in my settings/configuration, i reset the router back to defaults and ran it. no change they are coming back out tomorrow and I insisted they bring a new fiber to ethernet box with them. I have posted on the Arris tech forums, and their tech says they have no info on those and to work with my provider. I would buy my own router, but I am pretty sure that the issues would continue and I'd be out $300. has anyone else had any experience with these?
Thanks
When they replace the router, do they also replace the power supply?