[SOLVED] artic freezer 2 360 temps

Aug 26, 2020
I'm using my arctic freezer 2 360 rad on my ryzen 3600 and I normally idle at 42 degrees or so and I am just wondering if this is normal as I see people with a 9900k idling at 28 degrees. The temps are still good when gaming or anything, if I run any CPU stresser it normally get to 70 degrees at most.

Solution
42 degrees can be normal.
Depending on the situation....idle temps can vary....but 42 isn't out of the ordinary.
If you only get 70C or less during a stress test I would leave it be.
Aug 26, 2020
42 degrees can be normal.
Depending on the situation....idle temps can vary....but 42 isn't out of the ordinary.
If you only get 70C or less during a stress test I would leave it be.
ok thanks! I just found it weird as my friend has the same CPU with some older nzxt kraken 240 aio and is idling at 30.

ok thanks! I just found it weird as my friend has the same CPU with some older nzxt kraken 240 aio and is idling at 30.
Here's the thing....the only time you are going to run into trouble is if the CPU gets really hot.....definitely above 70C.
As long as you stay below 70C....it really doesn't matter (from damaging or throttling the CPU standpoint) what temperature it idles at.
Another thing is....your friend may have his fan curve set higher at idle.....or his ambient temp is lower....or whatever.
I have a PC that idles around 42...I could probably make that lower by playing with the fan curve....but I don't want the extra noise.

Reactions: lbmeisme

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Seeing that Joe User has a temp of such and such doesn't mean it is the same for everyone...there are so many variables which alter reported temps.

Things that impact CPU temp:

1. Ambient room temp
  2. CPU, motherboard and power supply. Differences in silicon and voltages impact heat produced
  3. Overclocking, or any modification of BIOS
  4. Case, fans and airflow.
  5. Installation of the cooler including thermal compound, quantity and exact torque/pressure applied
  6. Fan RPM and Pump RPM used, this includes BIOS or other fan curve being used
  7. BIOS version and how temp sensors report
  8. Software used to read temp sensor output
  9. Revisions in the CPU coolers used - some coolers have different firmware or hardware which might be subtle but can impact pump speed and flow