Question Artifacting on desktop ?

Feb 6, 2023
Hi,

Over the last month or so, I've occasionally had artifacting on my desktop . I have 3070ti, with an i5-11400f. These tend to be little grey or pink rectangles that sort of flicker if I move a window around or something like that. These tend to happen on start up, without any overheating, and my drivers are up to date. A restart makes them go away and then it doesn't happen again for a while. I've tried running stress tests and my GPU handles them fine, so I've found no way to reproduce the problem on demand. I contacted the company that built the pc, who said I could send the GPU back for testing, but they also said that if the problem was with the GPU, then it should have showed on the tests. So I'm worried about sending it back and them not finding anything if the problem doesn't happen to show up while they have it. Before this, I was thinking about selling this GPU and getting an upgrade, but I definitely don't want to sell someone a card that seems alright at first but actually has an issue.

At the moment, my only plan is to wait and see if it happens again and film it on my phone, so at least send that to them. Does anyone have any other advice? Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? As for your platform, can you pull up screenshots for GPU-Z, see if you're seeing anything show up with 0(zero)'s or N/A's. Off of Device Manager, see if you're seeing any devices being flagged with errors.

Feb 6, 2023
Hey, thanks a lot. I'm not very techy, so sorry if get something wrong. Specs are:

CPU: i5 11400f
CPU cooler: bequiet! pure rock
Motherboard: asus prime b560m-a
Ram: 16gb ddr4 corsair vengeance lpx
SSD/HDD: 500gb samsung 980 m.2 nvme / 2th seagate sata3
GPU: gigabyte rtx 3070ti
PSU: corsair rm850 gold, not sure about age.
Chassis: bequiet pure base 500dx
Monitor: lg ultragear 27ul500-w

On System Info, it lists BIOS version as American Megatrends Inc. 1017, 12/07/2021
Not seeing anything in Device manager, here's GPU-Z

86ZhPGb.png

The PC was a prebuilt. I got it about a year and a half ago and its performed really well. Not seeing any issues in games, and the stress tests I've tried have seemed to go fine. The only issue is this artifacting, which only has happened a handful of times, seemingly at random:

ohhmxdk42mta1.jpg

lH1J6CY.png

I can send it back, but like I said, I'm concerned that the problem doesn't seem to reproducible. Any suggestions?