Artifacts after clearing

damboysytesnet

Reputable
Dec 15, 2017
Hello,

Recently I wanted to try installing another linux distro on my PC.

Full of hope I started disconnecting my discs so as not to erase any important data, and to be sure to install linux on appropriate disk. However, I noticed that there was a lot of dust in my computer so I took it outside and started cleaning it with a vacuum cleaner (as usual). Everything was ok, I put my computer back, installed linux, but left windows as my main booting system.

Unfortunately, after a week (more or less), strange squares started showing on my screen. Firstly for about 2 minutes, then Windows announced that video driver stopped working but fully recovered. Back then, I was not sure what was causing the problem and if it was consistent, so I decided to wait for those squares to reappear. After a day, I was using my computer when those white squares reappeared. However, the situation was so unfortunate, that it my computer stopped reacting. The only way to recover was to power it off. After restart, it appeared almost instantly after opening windows. To check whether it was system's fault, I switched to linux. It was fine, but when I started updating linux instead of white squares there were white lines. My next step was checking bios and restarting it to default, but unfortunately, the situation was so bad, that even before bios fully started, those white lines appeared...

What I noticed was the fact that in bios the voltage that went to graphic card was about 0.024V which is pretty much strange as this card is way more demanding.

My graphic card was: gigabyte gtx 570 glh
Power: Corsair CX600

And here is my question:
What might be the fault of all this?
I was cleaning it in the usual way and I have never had such a situation. I haven't ever damaged my equipment, so I am pretty helpless now.

When I tried less demanding card (card that is ancient now :)), it was ok.

Is there a possibility that it is not the video card problem?

If it is video cards fault, can I reaper it or is its chances are gone?

Thanks in advance!