Artifacts at higher resolutions

mesi123

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2012
Hey guys so I bought a used 980Ti and after plugging it, I see that there are artifacts as seen in the links. When the resolution is at 1024x768 then there are no artifacts. But anything higher and it starts posting those. I saw a similar thread on the forums and they suggested it is overheating but the thread is about 13 years old so I don't know how relevant it could be.

Here's what happened, I had a 1080Ti, sold it. Plugged in an RX580, works fine. I unplugged that, plugged the 980Ti, and there are artifacts. I didn't have drivers for the RX 580 installed because I currently do not have Internet on my WiFi. Just phone that I can't connect to PC.

Imgur link to the pics:
https://imgur.com/a/YQAnsB6
So this means I also do not have Afterburner to monitor the temperatures and also do not have any of the drivers installed. I installed a fresh copy of windows from an ISO I downloaded last week, but the problem persists there as well.

The item is an MSI GeForce 980Ti Gaming 6G. It is a bit dusty which I haven't come around to cleaning it. As for drivers and stuff, my Internet should be back up in like 5-6 days so I can test then.

However in the meantime, does anyone have any experience with this? Anyone knows the cause or any solutions? Thanks a lot.

Edit 1: Just want to add some specs of the PC:
Asus TUF B450m-plus gaming
G. Skill trident Z RGB 16GB 3200
Ryzen 2600 (no overclock, Aio cooled)
Micro Atx case with 5 fans (2 from AIO)
Cooler Master V650 650 watt GOLD PSU.
System is very new, built less than 2 weeks ago.